[MOD] More Naval AI

Thanks Tholal, that did the trick. I haven't the faintest why Blue Marble would interfere, but it was. Furthermore, I've found that installing it very last still allows the game to run properly, hopefully without overwriting anything from More Naval AI. It's just textures, so I don't see how it could.

So me and my two friends have a game going that is at turn 1200 on marathon.

Anyway, so when my third friend isn't one, two of us start a game, and it OOSs around turn 250. Same goes for the next two games. I enabled logging on the third one.

Anyway so game OOSs consistently at 285. Funny thing is is that the network log keeps seems to start on 615 or something, which makes no sense. Anyway, not that I understand any of this.

I also removed the planet_generator.py as the other error log complained about to see if that made any difference. Which it didn't.

Just so odd, because of that other marathon game we have going that's running fine.

Attachments

• network-2056.txt
    62.1 KB · Views: 46
  • PythonErr.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 57
  • PythonErr2.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 65
One definite bug, one bug/issue, and one request for improvement:

- Playing the Luchuirp, I had Barnaxus with Combat 5. I had produced a couple golems a while back that had Empower 5. I went a long stretch without producing any more golems. When I came back to producing them, they weren't getting Empower 5 any more. I had rebuilt Barnaxus in this game, but that was before he reached Combat 5 the first time. I have a savegame if you want to look at it.

- When the Mercurian Gate is completed, the Mercurians do their initial diplomacy before Basium and the initial batch of Angels are generated. I captured a city from the (Ashen Veil) Sidar, brought in a Great Engineer, and popped the Mercurian Gate. The Mercurians declared war on the Sidar, and the Sidar got their turn and captured the Mercurian city before Basium and the Angels appeared. When my turn came around, I saw Basium's defeat text. (I was still given the option to play the Mercurians, but if I took it, it just told me I had been defeated...)

- Can you create a "custodian" AI that is used when a player casts Impersonate Leader with Gibbon? I used Impersonate leader, and while I managed to severely wound my opponent's empire while running it, you would have thought that the AI was doing the same thing back to me on purpose. The brilliant AI:
  • Changed four of my civic settings, which, in addition to costing two turns of production and techs to change and another two to undo, also forced me to rebuild four Royal Guards.
  • Changed all of my production queues, despite my having put over 10 turns worth of production in each of them. They produced several units I didn't need or want and started production on buildings I never planned to build in those cities.
  • Revealed Nationality on all of my hidden nationality units (including, oddly enough, one that the AI produced itself).
  • Built temples of the overlords in cities using two highly promoted cultists (levels 7 and 8, I think - the most experienced units I had).
  • Made several lopsided trades, including trading away mana (and I had to wait to cancel the deals).
  • Promoted Adepts in ways that I didn't want.

Honestly, I'm surprised the AI didn't give away any cities. It was a disaster. I would have been drastically better off if the AI had simply passed on every turn.

I would suggest that the AI, when running your civ, do nothing diplomatically, never change a production queue unless it runs out, never change civics, not choose any promotions for any units, and never cast a spell that has a permanent effect (Lichdom, Reveal Nationality, Found Temple of XXX, Drown, Mutation, etc) except with work boats. (EDIT: and never upgrade a unit.)

Is it possible to play the Calabim with Revolutions turned on? I'm just wondering, as Calabim cities often have an element of unhappiness about them, and treating the humans nicely doesn't fit with the lore.

speaking of weird AI behaviour: by using alt-z and switching through civilizations, I observed my prevoius civilization's fate: AI built shpis in cities where was no open route ( ice blocked, although city was coastal, spammed adepts for khazad, etc.

Later...AI DoW on me, in spite of excellent relations - we shared the same enemy and I was several turns away from permanent alliance. luckily for me, I force peace through overcouncil and choosed permanenet alliance 1 turn later...oh well

I'm playing with no level requirement for AI: therefore AI at least later builds mages, not adepts. AI loves mages so much, after all.

- Playing the Luchuirp, I had Barnaxus with Combat 5. I had produced a couple golems a while back that had Empower 5. I went a long stretch without producing any more golems. When I came back to producing them, they weren't getting Empower 5 any more. I had rebuilt Barnaxus in this game, but that was before he reached Combat 5 the first time. I have a savegame if you want to look at it.

Yes. A savegame would be great.

- When the Mercurian Gate is completed, the Mercurians do their initial diplomacy before Basium and the initial batch of Angels are generated. I captured a city from the (Ashen Veil) Sidar, brought in a Great Engineer, and popped the Mercurian Gate. The Mercurians declared war on the Sidar, and the Sidar got their turn and captured the Mercurian city before Basium and the Angels appeared. When my turn came around, I saw Basium's defeat text. (I was still given the option to play the Mercurians, but if I took it, it just told me I had been defeated...)

There is some sort of timing weirdness with creation of the two summoned civs. I've seen occasions where the Infernals would found their first city before the game allowed me to switch to them. I'll add this issue to the list.

I used Impersonate leader, and while I managed to severely wound my opponent's empire while running it, you would have thought that the AI was doing the same thing back to me on purpose.

Do you have a savegame from right before you cast Impersonate?

Yes. A savegame would be great.

Do you have a savegame from right before you cast Impersonate?

This savegame should serve both purposes - all three, actually, counting the gate issue. The Mercurian Gate is popped, Gibbon is sitting in a Sidar city, and I have some golems in the queue.

Now that I think about it, Barnaxus's Empower bonuses might have stopped working when I returned to control of the Luchuirp after my turn controlling the Sidar. (EDIT: Nope. Just checked that savegame; no empower for golems I build even if I don't cast Impersonate Leader. However, Gibbon gets bounced out of Sidar territory and into the Mercurian city on the Mercurian DoW if I don't impersonate leader, which appears to be enough of a deterrence that the Sidar don't instantaneously capture the city and keep Basium from showing up.)

Attachments

• Beeri AD-0287.CivBeyondSwordSave
    788.3 KB · Views: 49
I've played a few games with the mod, and I can't seem to re-base hawks. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, this is an incredibly minor suggestion, but would it be possible to make ancient forests spread? Currently, ancient forests don't spread ancient forests nor regular forests.

Minor oddity to report.

Playing as Elohim, with units stationed in a friendly open boarders Bannor city. Several casters in the stack including a dominated Calabim vampire and dominated Calabim adept. When the vampire casts regeneration it gets applied to both my stack and the Bannor stack. However, when the adept casts haste it only gets applied to my stack, not the Bannor stack. All units in both stacks are living units. Seemed strange that they would behave differently.

I've played a few games with the mod, and I can't seem to re-base hawks. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, this is an incredibly minor suggestion, but would it be possible to make ancient forests spread? Currently, ancient forests don't spread ancient forests nor regular forests.

If you're having the same issue I am you can rebase them but only in a very limited range. Something like their recon range +1. Makes it virtually impossible to move a hawk overseas since it doesn't seem to be able to use an obsidian gate.

I just picked up the most recent version, with BUG integrated - and it's changed the colors of unresearched and unavailable to research technologies. Anyone know how to revert to the blue/red version instead of the red/black?

Is it possible to play the Calabim with Revolutions turned on? I'm just wondering, as Calabim cities often have an element of unhappiness about them, and treating the humans nicely doesn't fit with the lore.

Governor's Manors cancel any Revolutions penalty from unhappy population.

That's exactly my biggest issue with revolutions, it penalizes evil civs :)

As far as I know, there is no inherent Revolutions penalty for evil civs.

If you're having the same issue I am you can rebase them but only in a very limited range. Something like their recon range +1. Makes it virtually impossible to move a hawk overseas since it doesn't seem to be able to use an obsidian gate.

Hawks rebase range has been reduced. Some ships can carry hawks as cargo.

Minor oddity to report.

Playing as Elohim, with units stationed in a friendly open boarders Bannor city. Several casters in the stack including a dominated Calabim vampire and dominated Calabim adept. When the vampire casts regeneration it gets applied to both my stack and the Bannor stack. However, when the adept casts haste it only gets applied to my stack, not the Bannor stack. All units in both stacks are living units. Seemed strange that they would behave differently.

Some spells only affect units on your team. This is part of base FFH. The Sevopedia for these spells will state when this is the case.

There is still some trouble with the lairs.
1. Game: got killed by an Azer about turn 30. (Had 2 warriors in hill city, one with guerilla 1)
2. Kuriotates killed in turn 8, svafaltar in turn 10. Looked into WB: The city defenders seemed to be wiped out by a mistform, then the cities were acquired by another barb unit.
Both played Epic game speed#

I looked into the python log, but found nothing informative. Please write if you need log or save.

Playing with revision 1137 (Can't wait to try out super forts!)

I also remember being wiped out by a barbarian eidolon in ancient or classical era some time ago.

EDIT:
Next Game. Got killed by a wraith at turn 90 (epic). Maybe Noble difficulty is to hard for me...

Odd start, coastal flatland forested ice, figure it's start area modification code. But CTD error on hitting end turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    242.6 KB · Views: 38
I've seen this before and its some sort of issue with pathfinding. Not sure I can easily fix it. In the meantime, you can use the numberpad to move your units manually.

If there is a flatland til with a road next to the city, and you have the enemy roads promotion, units will move and attack from that tile, even if you use the num pad. :confused: It appears that moving with the movement keys is the same as clicking with the mouse. the client still takes the best possible path from A to B.

There is still some trouble with the lairs.
1. Game: got killed by an Azer about turn 30. (Had 2 warriors in hill city, one with guerilla 1)
2. Kuriotates killed in turn 8, svafaltar in turn 10. Looked into WB: The city defenders seemed to be wiped out by a mistform, then the cities were acquired by another barb unit.
Both played Epic game speed#

I looked into the python log, but found nothing informative. Please write if you need log or save.

Playing with revision 1137 (Can't wait to try out super forts!)

I also remember being wiped out by a barbarian eidolon in ancient or classical era some time ago.

EDIT:
Next Game. Got killed by a wraith at turn 90 (epic). Maybe Noble difficulty is to hard for me...

This just happens from time to time... Try to avoid exploring layers with initial and unpromoted warriors and scouts(promoted units give you substantially better luck). The wraith issue is much worse, since it has nothing to do with stumbling upon trouble in layers - I myself got wiped by an uberpromoted (+80% strength min) wraith few times, but it's still rather rare. Wraiths seem to be upgraded from specters-skeletons by Barb AI, and this is a real screw-over.

In other news:

Has anyone had issues customizing the BUG domestic advisor screen ? I can adjust anything, but it never saves, even if i hit the save button ( the computer icon ) I run C4 as administrator, or not, doesnt seem to make a difference.

This just happens from time to time... Try to avoid exploring layers with initial and unpromoted warriors and scouts(promoted units give you substantially better luck).

I know, that even vanilla FfH was dangerous :) But I did not explore the lairs, it was the AI.
Maybe the problem is that it IS smart to explore lairs near an opponent. I think the lairs should be simply made less strong at the beginning of the game.

The wraith issue is much worse, since it has nothing to do with stumbling upon trouble in layers - I myself got wiped by an uberpromoted (+80% strength min) wraith few times, but it's still rather rare. Wraiths seem to be upgraded from specters-skeletons by Barb AI, and this is a real screw-over.

That is a explanation. That thing appearing suddenly and wiping out my warriors one after the other was really scary :lol:

personally I think lairs should get 1 held defender each ;)

(and this includes dungeons and epics)

Btw ... in the tech tree it seems all wrong color wise. Blocked techs are black/empty, while researchable techs are red ... when I am used to the opposite, and its rather disturbing. Is this a simple python or XML error? designer's choice? Or is it something deeper.

If mistake, perhaps release a color-fixing patch? (for the tech tree, of course)

Top Bottom