MOD not working

AlessandroPozza

Chieftain
Hi,
I can't make my mod (created with ModBuddy) work at all!
It appears in Additional Content, I can activate it...
but ingame there's no sign of change (anche it's not listed in the Loaded Mod section).

I checked logs dozens of times but can't find any error.

What's more, I tried to download other mods, but can't make work them either...

Anyone could help me please?

Attachments

• Historia.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 24
Your mod has no instructions to the game to do anything with the files in the mod. Look at the modinfo file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="2f3f9307-8c4f-46b6-81d4-ffc938d7878f" version="1">
  <Properties>
    <Name>Historia</Name>
    <Description>Historia</Description>
    <Created>1584810870</Created>
    <Teaser>Historia</Teaser>
    <Authors>Alessandro Pozza</Authors>
    <CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="4873eb62-8ccc-4574-b784-dda455e74e68" title="Expansion: Gathering Storm" />
  </Dependencies>
  <InGameActions />
  <Files>
    <File>Religion/Pantheon/River Goddess.xml</File>
  </Files>
</Mod>
You've set up no InGame Actions, so the mod does not do anything.

Now, for the code of your XML file:
  1. This entry in table "BeliefModifiers" already exists in the game, so attempting to re-add it to the game will simply cause the game to reject the code and not read anything further from within the same file
    Code:
    <Row BeliefType="BELIEF_RIVER_GODDESS" ModifierID="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING"/>
    So, even if you fix the fact that your mod has no actions, nothing will still seem to be happening because of this fatal coding error. Each new row added must have a unique combination of arguments for columns "BeliefType" and "ModifierID".
  2. These ModifierId's already exist in the game, so attempting to re-add them to the game will simply cause the game to reject the code and not read anything further from within the same file
    Code:
    <Row ModifierId="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING" ModifierType="MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER" SubjectRequirementSetId="CITY_FOLLOWS_PANTHEON_REQUIREMENTS" />
    <Row ModifierId="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING_MODIFIER" ModifierType="MODIFIER_PLAYER_DISTRICTS_ADJUST_HOUSING" SubjectRequirementSetId="PLOT_IS_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_HOUSING_REQUIREMENTS" />
    Each new row must have a unique identifier for the ModifierId argument
  3. The same issues apply to table ModifierArguments so far as repeating stuff the game already has.
  4. You need to eliminate everything except your new rows in the pertinent tables that are adding the effect of the RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_ADJACENCY ModifierId.

Your mod has no instructions to the game to do anything with the files in the mod. Look at the modinfo file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="2f3f9307-8c4f-46b6-81d4-ffc938d7878f" version="1">
  <Properties>
    <Name>Historia</Name>
    <Description>Historia</Description>
    <Created>1584810870</Created>
    <Teaser>Historia</Teaser>
    <Authors>Alessandro Pozza</Authors>
    <CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions>
  </Properties>
  <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="4873eb62-8ccc-4574-b784-dda455e74e68" title="Expansion: Gathering Storm" />
  </Dependencies>
  <InGameActions />
  <Files>
    <File>Religion/Pantheon/River Goddess.xml</File>
  </Files>
</Mod>
You've set up no InGame Actions, so the mod does not do anything.

Now, for the code of your XML file:
  1. This entry in table "BeliefModifiers" already exists in the game, so attempting to re-add it to the game will simply cause the game to reject the code and not read anything further from within the same file
    Code:
    <Row BeliefType="BELIEF_RIVER_GODDESS" ModifierID="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING"/>
    So, even if you fix the fact that your mod has no actions, nothing will still seem to be happening because of this fatal coding error. Each new row added must have a unique combination of arguments for columns "BeliefType" and "ModifierID".
  2. These ModifierId's already exist in the game, so attempting to re-add them to the game will simply cause the game to reject the code and not read anything further from within the same file
    Code:
    <Row ModifierId="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING" ModifierType="MODIFIER_ALL_CITIES_ATTACH_MODIFIER" SubjectRequirementSetId="CITY_FOLLOWS_PANTHEON_REQUIREMENTS" />
    <Row ModifierId="RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_HOUSING_MODIFIER" ModifierType="MODIFIER_PLAYER_DISTRICTS_ADJUST_HOUSING" SubjectRequirementSetId="PLOT_IS_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_HOUSING_REQUIREMENTS" />
    Each new row must have a unique identifier for the ModifierId argument
  3. The same issues apply to table ModifierArguments so far as repeating stuff the game already has.
  4. You need to eliminate everything except your new rows in the pertinent tables that are adding the effect of the RIVER_GODDESS_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_ADJACENCY ModifierId.

Thank you very much!

I supposed that I should have set up InGame Actions (as it was needed in Civ5 modding)...
but in every Civ6 modding tutorial I've seen there was no trace of it, so I thought it wasn't necessary anymore! :crazyeye:

Thank you also for the other hints!

Top Bottom