Mod question (Unchanged Gameplay)

Dave Hartwick

Prince
There used to be a very handy Civ 4 mod called BUG, which didn't change the game any but added some features, particularly how information was presented. Is there a similar mod for 5? I'd like one that maybe provided a view of all available city state quests or that let me know when rival civs have gold available for trading.

Are there any "standard" mods, ones that most regular posters use?

There used to be a very handy Civ 4 mod called BUG, which didn't change the game any but added some features, particularly how information was presented. Is there a similar mod for 5? I'd like one that maybe provided a view of all available city state quests or that let me know when rival civs have gold available for trading.

Are there any "standard" mods, ones that most regular posters use?

The Diplomacy screen shows at a glance all AI's cash on hand & GPT. (The AI doesn't hold cash in reserve in Civ V)

Also, any mod, including those that don't change game play (such as InfoAddict) turns off achievements (if you care about those)

The Diplomacy screen shows at a glance all AI's cash on hand & GPT. (The AI doesn't hold cash in reserve in Civ V)

Also, any mod, including those that don't change game play (such as InfoAddict) turns off achievements (if you care about those)

Strictly speaking, full Infoaddict changes gameplay by providing information that is not available in the base game (Science per turn of other civs, etc).

If I understand the OP's request correctly, sounds a lot like my own preferences. If that is the case, then I would recommend what I normally use: the CivWillard mod adjusted for G&K, and the reduced, "light" InfoAddict. Look for both in Apolyton's website.

Sorry, was unclear. BUG had a feature that could give a message at the start of player turn, something like, "Alexander now has 300 gold." You could set the limit so you'd get a message when an AI had, say, 240 gold. I have a mild dislike for the diplomacy screen and would rather not open it as frequently as I do.

Shame about the achievements I guess.

Thanks for the tips, Aristos and Browd. You're quite right, Aristos, I should've said the BUG mod "didn't change the gameplay".

Sorry, was unclear. BUG had a feature that could give a message at the start of player turn, something like, "Alexander now has 300 gold." You could set the limit so you'd get a message when an AI had, say, 240 gold. I have a mild dislike for the diplomacy screen and would rather not open it as frequently as I do.

Shame about the achievements I guess.

Thanks for the tips, Aristos and Browd. You're quite right, Aristos, I should've said the BUG mod "didn't change the gameplay".

I know what you mean, and I am a long time user (and tiny collaborator) of the BUG mod, so I completely understand the need for a better diplo UI but without breaking the base game rules. That's why I modified robk's InfoAddict to only show what is shown to the player in the base game, and no more (plus, while doing that, the InfoAddict became much "lighter" and does not need to save information every turn). Check it out, you may like it as much as I do, and the same for CivWillard.

Top Bottom