Mod Request: Earlier planting of forests

jakob51

Chieftain
Hey fellow Civfanatics, I was wondering if it would be possible (and doable with the current lack of SDK/official mod tools) for someone to create a mod for me to allow earlier planting of forests by workers, unlocked at Irrigation Tech rather than by the Conservation Civic in the Modern Era, or to provide instructions on how I could go about doing it myself.

Please and thank you.

There is PrereqTech and PrereqCivic columns in UnitOperations table but they are not used. Firaxis thinks hardcoding is better than tables. If they don't fix this, the only way to mod this is dll source code.

In other words without the SDK and official mod tools this is virtually impossible to do without a huge amount of effort and frustration. Oh well, thanks for the response and hopefully they release the necessary stuff soon so that things like this can become realistic to mod.

Is that really hardcoded? I thought the game uses the values from the RemoveTech and AddCivic columns of the Features table for that.
I think it should be possible to move it to a different civic, it can't be a tech though.

There is a mod to plant forest? Because in my version of Civ VI there is no "plant forest" improvement.

where did u find it?

It is not on the civpedia, there is no icon on the Civic tree, but after completing that civic if i put my builder on a tile with no improvement it appears the option to plan a forest :D

Top Bottom