[MOD] Sevo's CivFanatics Fusion 2.0

BenniusCaesar said:
Really ignorant question..
If you install one of these 'mods' you can still select to play the game in its original form at startup. Is that right?
Some of them sound really fun, but I'm afraid I'll overwrite the original Civ4 and not be able to play it again without the mod.

"YES!". There is a folder in your /CIV4/ directory, wherever you installed it, called "MODS". Mine is "e:\Civ4\mods\". If you unpack the mod file in that folder, you can load it from the in-game menu: Main Menu-->Advanced--> Load a mod. Then you can play with the original game, or load a mod and play with that.

keldath said:
hello sevo
i succsessfully inserted 3 civs into your mod+another map size.
if yould like id be happy to transfer my work to you for further work.
im continueing in adding more civs.
so far i used israel scotland and carthage.

Feel free to post the mod yourself! I'm going to add civs myself soon, but I'm waiting on two things: 1) I want to add some more traits first (going to do this the hard way because I have some very specific stuff I want to add, but I think it'll be well worth it), and 2) I want to integrate my new religion stuff first. But I know there are a bunch of people waiting for new civs in this mod...

GIR said:
i cant see the Tuna, Book and Anticient Tempel resource ICONS in the city screen.

There are no graphics for them, hence they don't show up. No graphics were included in the original mods to my knowledge. I've already created civilopedia graphics and entries for all of them, but I need to add some of the other little graphics. Thanks for the heads up, though.

GIR said:
and could you plz include this 'feature' from GreenMod?:
removed the max 6 specialits shown in city screen
If you now settle more than 6 great persons in a city they will be displayed into the city screen, but at least you know they are there.

and from Mylon Mod the tallest bulding wonder:
i think the idea of a tallest building wonder is great!

Heh...I kinda like that idea, too. Lemmie look into it.

Unless I did something wrong, the 2.0 beta still defaults to showing my character name and nothing else on the Foreign Advisor/Technologies screen. Once that happens, you can't click to get out of it in the FA, but have quit the game, and reload.

I must say I love this MOD, looking forward to each new release! I enjoy the fact that you avoid mods that alter the gameplay too much. I hope you continue with that idea. Thanks for all the hard work!!

-Ryan

keldath said:
hey sevo

i combined your mod with the next level civ pack - i wish to upload it = but i dont know how...?
can you help me?

I don't know mod ettiquette for the game, but don't you think that instead of asking Sevo publically to help you upload that mod, you should first ask his permission for including Sevomod? Granted, it wasn't original code he did, but he still put in all the work.

glinka - i know - offcource i know he put a lot of work...
my intention is for sevo take a look of what i made and giving it to him to maybe for other to use by him and perhaps publice under this thread under his name.
its all from good intentions for sevos great mod.

sevo - i offered my comination to you perhaps you can use it and develop it more.

i never ment to publice this mod without you checking it out...

keldath said:
glinka - i know - offcource i know he put a lot of work...
my intention is for sevo take a look of what i made and giving it to him to maybe for other to use by him and perhaps publice under this thread under his name.
its all from good intentions for sevos great mod.

sevo - i offered my comination to you perhaps you can use it and develop it more.

i never ment to publice this mod without you checking it out...

No worries all. :) A lot of people have requested more civs, I just don't want to do it until I have the religions and a few more traits buffed in. That doesn't mean everyone wants to wait for it!

Keldath: I would be happy to link to your mod from this thread. You can either email me the new zip file (although it'll be huge, I imagine) at sevotastic@yahoo.com, or you can upload it to a file sharing website (www.rapidshare.de, or www.filefront.com, or www.savefile.com) and then email me the download link. I'd be happy to put your civpack merged version on the frontpage so people can download it as well.

GIR said:
hmm, if i play the GreenMod 1.91 i see the ancient temple icon in the first column in the city screen.
and if i play the lost wonder mod i can see the icons of the tuna and the book...

if i merge lost wonder mond with my mod this icons work, so it should also work with your mod...

Hm. Another lost piece of a mod, I suspect. Lemmie check it out...

I'm still not getting images of the "lost wonders" when I've finished them. As I've never played the standalone mod, is this just part of it? I can envision a case where an image screen automatically pops up when you finish a wonder, regardless of whether there's an image planned for it, or not.

hi sevo

great im ul now to rapid share - it will take a while = when i finnish ill
inform you :)

theres a few bugs ive seen:
1) some of the new civs have a white flag - i didnt get to that yet
2) when you learn a tech - it doesnt makes a popup of the civelopedia - it only sais you learnt the tech.
3) i think its no good to multi player - i treid after 1oo and so turns ina new game and the game crached with no reason.
for me thats the major setback.

I have a few questions regarding this MOD:

1. Do I need to install any other files than those included in the download - if so which are they (I have a notion) - and more imporantly - can you post links to them in the first post?

2. What is the gameplay like? Is it slow?

1) No other files--except the game. ;)

2) I've not found gameplay any slower or faster. Chopping forests gives you a bit less shields, but chopping jungles gives you a few shields, too, which you normally don't get. Other than that, research speeds, production speeds, movement, etc, are pretty much the same.

keldath said:

Great! I put a link up on the main page so other people will find it. Thanks for the interest. I think the NextLevel civs are probably one of the best civ Paks out there presently.

:jesus: On the religion front, I've finally worked out my new schema for the religious expansions and I've started the coding/xml. It's coming along nicely but I'm having to balance what I want to do with what the game allows. Still, I think this is going to be great and I'm anxious to see what you all think. Stay tuned...

sevo

hi - your welcome,
though - i found that this mod - is not mp copatible - the game crashed to me after 160 turns for no reason - maybe you can modify it for this purpse.
i cant remmber if i also merged the pyton files of the bigger and longer by fx -
i think maybe because of that the game crashed - have no other exp.
i recenly updated the exavier composite mod with the same changes i noticed that he made a few alteration in the pyton files regarding multi player game.
i added only the mammoth map size.
gamespeeds ramained the same.
and somthing should be done about the civilization flags - most of them are white of black...
enjoy all :)

For some reason we are unable to run the newer versions of Civ4, with the original 1.0 running fine. Can we utilize this mod package with the original 1.0 version of Civ4?
Thanks in advance!

protista said:
For some reason we are unable to run the newer versions of Civ4, with the original 1.0 running fine. Can we utilize this mod package with the original 1.0 version of Civ4?
Thanks in advance!

No...this mod package probably isn't 1.0 compatible. Firaxis changed the way some of the functions pass variables and I doubt they would still work with 1.0. Also the Sevopedia, which is part of this, would almost certainly tank under 1.0 since they also changed the enums.

Question...
I have to use Patch 1.09 as the new 1.52 Patch causes graphics problem for me..:(
I love your mod so I'm back to using version 1.0.. only thing,, I want to remove is the "Random Events".. how can this be done without hurting the structure of the entire Mod..??
thanks

Top Bottom