Mod that makes all military units consume population

Zerienga

Chieftain
Hello, I was thinking that a mod that makes all military units cost population would be an interesting twist to the game. However, just doing that isn't exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking that, in addition to military units consuming population, you could choose to retire them, and whichever city they retire in gains a population. Is this possible? And if it is, is it as interesting/fun as I think it could be?

An idea I had while working on defensive improvements:

Have the Roman Legionnaires consume 1 population. A city founded on a Roman Fort receives +1 population and Ancient Walls.

That would give the "beginner Civ" a new twist where you're actually encouraged to first secure an area with your legions and their forts, then send settlers to turn your forts into cities, ready to defend themselves. But if you have to abandon your forts, "barbarians" (i.e. other civs) could move in as well and use them for themselves and their own city founding.

At least when it comes to a Civ's UU, the AI should be able to handle it. Otherwise, AI Ottomans will just be broken anyway.

Top Bottom