MOD trade treaties

Oni

Machiavelli
I would like to know where this can be done. I have dug through so many files but it is not clear how treaties are stuctured. Any help is appreaciated.

Specific things I would like to find how to alter:

Permanent Alliances & Deffencive Pacts:
I would like to make a new type that is capable of ONE-WAY for various scenerios and other mods (colonization, imperilistic and/or religous control etc)

This needs to be done since in know way would the MASTER nation be required to war if its SLAVE nation began or was brought into a war. However, it would be interesting to have it the other way.

Possible trades:
Currently resources are not capable of being traded for tech. I always liked that feature in Civ3 and want to bring it back.

I have some other things to but the basic point is I can not find where the structure of Treaties is located.

Please help.

I *think* you'll have to wait for the SDK, that seems like something that is a bit more hard coded into the game.

You see, I would like resource for tech trades too if it weren't so bloody well exploitable. e.g. 'Oh here-you give me Atomic Theory and I will let you have access to my spare coal for the next 20 turns.' Next Turn: 'Hey, I don't like you anymore, so I am gonna take back my coal!' You see what I mean? The player in question gets his tech, but at no real cost to himself.

I do, however, LOVE your idea of one sided treaties-perhaps an all-encompassing 'Vassalage' treaty would be good, where an almost defeated opponent cedes all his rights to the victor, whilst still retaining his national identity (and nominal control of his cities) and thus remaining in the game.
What would also be nice is a kind of 'semi-open' border agreement, which keeps out military units, but at the cost of reduced trade income with foreign cities-sort of a mid-point between closed and open borders.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Aussie_Lurker said:
You see, I would like resource for tech trades too if it weren't so bloody well exploitable. e.g. 'Oh here-you give me Atomic Theory and I will let you have access to my spare coal for the next 20 turns.' Next Turn: 'Hey, I don't like you anymore, so I am gonna take back my coal!' You see what I mean? The player in question gets his tech, but at no real cost to himself.

That was the case in Civ3, but I never really had a prob with it. If one were to do that, you were blacklisted on trade so it did hurt. I usually found it bennificial to let the full deal go through... except when it was my intention in the first place to war with them.... IN those cases I would sometimes ask them for techs and give them resources and war with them right away (or even better push them to war with me).

None the less, I can understand why it was taken out... But on a personal preference I would like to put it back it.

Wasnt the SDK suppose to be out last month??

When is it being released?

Top Bottom