ModCast Episode 51: "Creative License"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
For the love of it all. The fifty-first episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Creative License" with a runtime of 57m30s, regular co-hosts Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley, Jett "TPangolin", Jan "Janboruta" Boruta and Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk are joined by first-time guest co-host Ben "Hiram" Bush.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m27s | Modding Spotlight
Focusing on "Hiram"'s Civilization V modding works, with emphasis on revisiting his Celtic civilization and future civs planning.
- 16m19s | Cartography Room
Examining Belgium is followed by The Empire of Great Britain (20m58s). both by "JFD"; then, turning attention to the Cham Empire by "Tomatekh" (25m35s) and then brainstorming an effort to break down Polynesia (30m35s).
- 35m43s | Code Corner
The pros and cons of the Enhanced User Interface for CivV spearheaded by "bc1", and issues in the consistency of coding in the base game and its relevance to modding (42m10s; recorded for Episode 48).
- 45m14s | Miscellaneous
How civilizations can become too synergistic in Civilization V and, relatedly, a preference for whether they are gameplay balanced or not (49m59s; recorded for Episode 50).

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast, and this is the first "Focus" special not under that heading. Fellow sibling RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Who was playing Minecraft while recording this? :crazyeye: I kept hearing doors opening, mc ambience music and sheep, and I'm fairly certain I was playing Civ4 at the time... :hmm:

Who was playing Minecraft while recording this? :crazyeye: I kept hearing doors opening, mc ambience music and sheep, and I'm fairly certain I was playing Civ4 at the time... :hmm:
The only full and viable recording for this episode came from a co-host who was playing some Minecraft simultaneously at times, yes, and they hadn't realized that its sound were being picked up by their recording software. I made the person in question aware of this during editing and it should not be an issue in the future.

Hope you enjoyed the show. :)

No, please have Minecraft in the background :D (I enjoyed it anyway, suit yourself.) I'll finish listening before I say any more.
I never said I didn't like it, it just made me fairly confused, especially since I had been checking a redstone circuit I had built in Minecraft just before firing up civ4.

"I swear I closed the mc client..." :crazyeye:

Per my usual commenting on people's voices, I wasn't expecting Hiram to have such a... I'm not really sure what kind of accent that is, actually. Southern? Or maybe western or Midwestern, I dunno. It gives me a strange satisfaction when I can guess where someone hails from using their accent as my reference.

You've worked out that I'm English haven't you ;) :cooool: ?
Dude really? No way! :dubious: So that's why everyone gives me strange looks when I tell them Rob's from Canada! :crazyeye:

In all seriousness though, I think it's because once I looked at Hiram's profile and something in his personal details lead me to believe he lived in NYC. Apparently that's not the case

Nice stuff this time too.
:)

Did you find that there was not "nice stuff" in previous episodes or or..? :mischief:;)

Whatever the case may be, glad you enjoyed this listen! Out of curiosity how long have you been apart of the show's audience?

No no no!
Imeant that it was just as good as the last episode which was my first one lol.
No worries. :D

Welcome indeed, new listener.

I sound like a demented duck :p.
I have said before and I'll say again that we are often our own harshest critic -- and I'm neither the first nor the last to say so -- but I will say one's comparison to a "demented duck" is new to me. :lol:

Great podcast though, was fun to take part!
Glad you enjoyed the final product :) and were able to participate in the first place.

Top Bottom