ModCast Focus: "Civilization III"

So, which modders were in this showcast?

Not that it matters, cause I wasn't, despite my titanic contribution to this game, but anyway :)
Blue Monkey explained his process for approaching individuals to invite to participate in this production. You will also see within comments from him, then also from me in supplement and extension, on consideration of more works like this in the future. To answer your initial question, see the first paragraph of the opening post that I wrote and published.

Nevertheless, hope you enjoy the listen!

The modders were El Justo, Plotinus, Blue Monkey, Balthasar and myself. There were so many more people who could have been included, such as yourself, Ares, Vuldacon, Steph, Virote_Considon, Sword_of_Geddon, georgestow, ruby_sauce, Wyrmshadow, Grandraem, Hikaro, Shiro, Balam-Agab, Lizardmenrule!, Ozymandias, vingrjoe, Delta_Strife, Sandris, utahjazz7......the list goes on. The only reason I gave a long list there was to demonstrate just how many people also could have been on the panel.

I think it's fair to say that the modders who were on the show have all made significant contributions to the Civ 3 modding community and all of them would admit that yourself and all those listed (and beyond) would have been welcome as well. We did speak of your city graphics and mentioned you as someone who craved perfection and regularly updated your work with new and improved versions. How much of that came over in the edited version I do not know.

Great podcast (modcast)!:goodjob:
Very interesting to hear the different views and approaches to civ3-modding. Thanks to DanQ for putting this nicely together, and to the participants for sharing their thoughts and insight with the rest of the community. I would certainly love to hear more Civ3-related podcasts - anytime.

Great podcast (modcast)!:goodjob:
Very interesting to hear the different views and approaches to civ3-modding.
Having not done any modding myself since CivII, not having played CivIII in eight years or even played any Civ mods since CivV vanilla, I learned from this recording myself as well.

Thanks to DanQ for putting this nicely together
You are welcome: thank you for listening. :)

My goodness, you've got alot of catching up to do.
:D; CivV keeps me busy gaming-wise -- with Minecraft on the side -- while awaiting the release of Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Again I don't play MODs, but I support those that make and use them nonetheless. In the Civ verse at least they extend the breadth and depth of any given title... and given their inherent 'replayability', that's a feat in and of itself worthy of acknowledgement.

Great job on the podcast, by the way.
Thank you kindly. :cool:

Almost made me sound coherent.
My first :lol: moment of the day! I'm pleased you enjoyed the final product.

Top Bottom