Modcomp: Civilization Name Changes

lumpthing

generic lump
a modcomp for Beyond the Sword: Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations

Changes the Vikings to Scandinavians and the English to British
(English and French translations only)

Rationale:

The term Vikings refers to brief part of Scandinavian history and just seems very out of place from the from the Renaissance onwards. I also considered changing their name to Kalmar (representing the united Scandinavia of the Kalmar Union), Danish or Swedish (which both became significant European powers) and Norwegians (since the RFC Viking civ capital is in Norway).

As for changing the English to British: the RFC English civ controls the entirity of Great Britain right from the start and the term British Empire, as opposed to 'English Empire', adds to the historical feel of RFC in my opinion.

Any comments or suggestions for further name changes are welcome.

Instructions

1) Copy CIV4gametext_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml and CIV4gametext_TextFix2.xml from this modcomp
2) Go to your Rhye's and Fall of Civilization/Assets/XML/Text folder
3) Paste CIV4gametext_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml and CIV4gametext_TextFix2.xml, replacing the original files

P.S. Anyone know a decent free zip tool I can download?

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_TextFix2.xml.zip
    2 KB · Views: 187
  • CIV4GameText_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 180
a modcomp for Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations by lumpthing

Changes the Vikings to Scandinavians and the English to British
(English and French translations only)

Rationale:

The term Vikings refers to brief part of Scandinavian history and just seems very out of place from the from the Renaissance onwards. I also considered changing their name to Kalmar (representing the united Scandinavia of the Kalmar Union), Danish or Swedish (which both became significant European powers) and Norwegians (since the RFC Viking civ capital is in Norway).

As for changing the English to British: the RFC English civ controls the entirity of Great Britain right from the start and the term British Empire, as opposed to 'English Empire', adds to the historical feel of RFC in my opinion.

Any comments or suggestions for further name changes are welcome.

Instructions

1) Copy CIV4gametext_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml and CIV4gametext_TextFix2.xml from this modcomp
2) Go to your Rhye's and Fall of Civilization/Assets/XML/Text folder
3) Paste CIV4gametext_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml and CIV4gametext_TextFix2.xml, replacing the original files

P.S. Anyone know a decent free zip tool I can download?

Sweet. I am dling...

Get Winrar, it is free. It says it has a trial, but you can continue to use it after it expires...

Top Bottom