[C3C] Modding a Mod Problems

JediRanger

Chieftain
Years ago I discovered the Worldwide mod, and used the editor to extensively modify the values and abilities of the units and buildings in it.

Now, early last year, my computer that I had it on broke, and despite what I thought I had done, the modified version of the mod had not been placed on my external back up hard drive.

So, I settled in to do the process all over again, except for the life of me, I can not remember how I got around the icon number limit. Obviously when I am editing units between 1 and 300, its fine, but the second I hit a unit (or building) that is outside that limit, then the whole editor locks up till i select a correct value, which of course ruins the whole mod.

I am hoping someone here has faced this similar problem, and can refresh my memory on how to get around it.

JediRanger, you need a bigger units_32 icons file in the Conquests\Scenarios\Worldwide\Art\Units folder of that mod (or in the folder of your mod\mod). This said, the units_32 icons file of the Worldwide mod holds much, much more than 300 unit icons. Please have a look into the \Art\Units folder of that mod if you have lost that file and now you can only work with the C3C standard units_32 file.

Fairly certain I have found the problem...

Screenshot 2022-01-09 163415.png

Turns out that was NOT the problem, Nor can i find the Unit_32 file anywhere to download

Please see attached. The units 32 file should be with the main download, and not in the patch. Also, Zulu's big units 32 should still be posted in the graphics section, which gives lots of space for new mods.

Attachments

• units_32.pcx
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
The creator himself answers my thread!

I am beyond humbled my lord. I will try that out immediately.

Good News: The units are fixed.

Bad News:

...I don't suppose there is a file I am missing for map icons too right? I can't understand how so much stuff that I was using on my last computer is NOT here, and a fresh download does not work either.

JediRanger, you need a bigger units_32 icons file in the Conquests\Scenarios\Worldwide\Art\Units folder of that mod (or in the folder of your mod\mod). This said, the units_32 icons file of the Worldwide mod holds much, much more than 300 unit icons. Please have a look into the \Art\Units folder of that mod if you have lost that file and now you can only work with the C3C standard units_32 file.
Any chance I can see a screenshot of what your folder looks like?

Any chance I can see a screenshot of what your folder looks like?

If you are meaning the units folder of the Worldwide mod, this folder is much too big for a screenshot. This folder holds 2250 subfolders, meaning 2250 units plus the units_32 file.

Worldwide units.jpg

I wish to thank @Civinator and @AnthonyBoscia for their help.

The problem turned to be out my own doing. I clicked the V2.9.zip icon on the bottom instead of the download button at the top of the post. This obviously gave me a LESS then fully copy of the mod.

learn from my mistake!

Top Bottom