modding issue, "setup game menu" vanishes

kaetzer

Chieftain
hello everyone

i have quite the problem with my custom civ for civilization 5

i made a custom civ for myself which used to work very well in the base game, even together with "NiGHTS"
but now i bought gods and kings... knowing there would be some changes i updated my leader and civ, added "spy names" and added religion and the religious part under the "leader flavour"-thingy

so, when i start a modded game the mod itself shows up and the civilization shows up, but i already noticed my civilization was missing the trait name, just "()" and where the trait description should be i only get: "Civ Specific Bonus 2"
screenshot:
Spoiler :

when i then select my civ, the "Select Civilization" menu vanishes and i only have the background...
screenshot:
Spoiler :

i can still go back by pressing ESC though...

i narrowed the problem down to my custom trait, when i just put in a vanilla trait, everything works fine :undecide:

today i made scenario and put my civ in there (just for testing), i could start the scenario normally... more or less... the dawn of man background picture didnt show, the "uniques" were both pyramid(??) (until it finished loading) and the dawn of man text wasnt showing either, but the race was playable, the pedia text for the civ was showing and my custom city names worked too... just the leader text didnt show:confused:
oh yea, and the trait had no effect too

i really hope someone can help me with this...
(and i already googled and searched my fingers bloody)

greetings
kaetzer

PS.: should i post the codes? or can i upload the mod project somewhere so someone could download and look over it if he/she has time and is in the mood for it?

EDIT:
and i just double checked, gave my leader the trait of Hiawatha and it works like charm... but i want my own trait:sad:
thanks to the mod for moving the topic^^

You messed up with your trait allocation, which in turn messed up the .lua files and gave them runtime errors. Impossible to debug without seeing your mod.

ok, so here are the codes:

for the trait itself:
Code:
<GameData>	
	<Traits>
		<Row>
			<Type>TRAIT_PANTHERINAE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_PANTHERINAE</Description>
			  <ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_PANTHERINAE_SHORT</ShortDescription>
			<EmbarkedNotCivilian>true</EmbarkedNotCivilian>
			<FightWellDamaged>true</FightWellDamaged>
			<MoveFriendlyWoodsAsRoad>true</MoveFriendlyWoodsAsRoad>
		</Row>
	</Traits>	
</GameData>

the text:
Code:
<!--Trait-->
<Language_en_US>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_PANTHERINAE">
			<Text>Wounded units still fight with full strength and embarked units can defend themselves</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_TRAIT_PANTHERINAE_SHORT">
			<Text>Ancient Blood</Text>
		</Row>

</Language_en_US>

and the part for the leader:
Code:
	<Leader_Traits>
		<Row>
			<LeaderType>LEADER_KAYN</LeaderType>
			<TraitType>TRAIT_PANTHERINAE</TraitType>
		</Row>