Modding maps with a text editor

Can Goody Huts be randomized on a already generated map?

I thought by using "Randomize Resources=true" that both resources and Goody Huts would be randomized. However, while the resources are randomized, the goody huts are in the original locations.

How do I set a specific starting location for a civ?

Like this:
Spoiler :
Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=0
	LeaderType=LEADER_HATSHEPSUT
	LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_HATSHEPSUT
	CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_DESC
	CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_SHORT_DESC
	CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_ADJECTIVE
	FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_EyeOfRa.dds
	WhiteFlag=0
	CivType=CIVILIZATION_EGYPT
	Color=PLAYERCOLOR_YELLOW
	ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST
	PlayableCiv=1
	MinorNationStatus=0
	StartingGold=30
	StartingX=70, StartingY=6
	StateReligion=
	StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
	RandomStartLocation=false
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer
You have to locate on your map the X and Y of the selected tile. Note that it is easier to do that with Platyping's WorldBuilder.

Edit: note also the "RandomStartLocation=false"

Totally new to modding. Is there any way to make the extra civs work with the Earth 18 Civs scenario? I was planning on adding the Khmer, Zulu, Ethiopians, Koreans, Native Americans, Vikings, Carthaginians, and possibly Mayans and Babylonians.

If I understand correctly your question, you need to have a special dll that allows more than 18 civs. Look in the database, for a copy of the BtS dll which allows more civs.

Then, with a text editor, you would have to add new slots for teams and players up to the number of civs allowed by the dll.

The last stage would be to place your additional civs in the chosen location.

All this is explained in this and in other tutorials.

I hope this will help somebody :).

Any comments and criticism are welcome :).
It's very generous of you to write this tutorial for us. :)

I'm thinking of creating a new version of the BTS 1000AD mod, to make it closer to real history:

(1) by changing it from "Normal" to "Epic" or "Marathon" game speed, to allow players to move their units further in each unit of time (e.g. so it takes renaissance era ships more time to travel across oceans);

(2) by making the Mongols more of a threat, as they were in real life - e.g. by adding in more cities between Mongolia and the Middle East/Europe that the Mongols can conquer, like the ones that the Mongols conquered in real life;

(3) by adding in the Turks, with a tendency to become a major power and conquer the Byzantine Empire, as they did in real life;

(4) by adding in the Native Americans, especially so that the Aztecs don't take so much of North America;

(5) by adding some other civs, e.g. Ethiopia and the Zulus.

Thank you very much :).

All your steps should be doable (with text editor or the world builder), if there are not already the maximum amount of civs on the map.
If so, you'll need to use one of the more civ dlls (like the 50 civs dll), but I think I also wrote a description down for that.
Good luck :).

EDIT: The notification feature of the new forum software is really handy ^^.
Thanks to Isenchine for taking care of some of the questions :).

Hello!

I know that this thread is a little bit old, but I installed the mod on my beyond the sword and everything works as well :

- I can have 50 civs in a game
- I can load the mod
- My scenario/map is in my custom game maps

The problem is when I start a game, it crashes (even if there isn't over 18civs, no matter the type of game). I know that you said that with BTS it was more complicated, but is there a way that has been found to adjust it to BTS or is there anything I can do to be able to not crash my game?

Thank you!

(I'm new here, and I'm not a modder neither, so sorry if I'm unclear)

If you want, I posted something about this with attached files.

I have a custom scenario that I want to to remove some AIs from it, there added archer/settler in a set location. There is a total of 6 and I want to remove 3. I also wanted to add Raging Barbarians, and is it possible to make that work with the different mod? It was made with that stock BTS. I recently uploaded that

https://tinyurl.com/y77ln8xu

Top Bottom