Modding resource placement

roidesfoux

Warlord
I've been wanting to tweak the number of resources that appear on each map, but the XML is a tad obtuse on that point. I finally decided to start by looking at the resource distribution given the current settings, and then finding which variable does what through trial and error. I started several Future era games so the map and all resources are revealed, and jotted down the number of each one.So far I've looked at 6 small continents maps and 3 small pangea maps.
In every case, there have been 6-7 cows on average, but no sheep or pigs. What bugs the heck out of me is that the only difference between those three resources in CIV4BonusInfos.xml is the latitude restrictions (Cow: 0-50; Sheep: 30-90; Pig: 10-50). Does anyone know what's going on?
1)Faulty RNG?
2)Something in the map script?
3)Random Chance?

-RdF

roidesfoux said:
I've been wanting to tweak the number of resources that appear on each map, but the XML is a tad obtuse on that point. I finally decided to start by looking at the resource distribution given the current settings, and then finding which variable does what through trial and error. I started several Future era games so the map and all resources are revealed, and jotted down the number of each one.So far I've looked at 6 small continents maps and 3 small pangea maps.
In every case, there have been 6-7 cows on average, but no sheep or pigs. What bugs the heck out of me is that the only difference between those three resources in CIV4BonusInfos.xml is the latitude restrictions (Cow: 0-50; Sheep: 30-90; Pig: 10-50). Does anyone know what's going on?
1)Faulty RNG?
2)Something in the map script?
3)Random Chance?

-RdF

You can control the bonus placement and distribution manually by overloading the function addBonuses() in the map script (/publicmaps/*.py)

Top Bottom