Modern Unit Graphics

.....Do you think you could design the badges for the following units:

1st Armored, 4th Infantry, 5th Mechanized, 6th Infantry, 9th Infantry, 23rd Infantry, 25th Infantry divisions and the 1st and 3rd Marine divisions.....

Here's the first batch tootall; US troops with some variations to choose from, the PBR and some armour, arty and tweaked planes. ARVN/RoK etc to follow. Some of the badges are a bit rubbish (9th infantry!) and I'll maybe tweak 'em a bit.

Attachments

• fairline Vietnam war us units.png
    fairline Vietnam war us units.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,129
Hi Fairline,

Simply wonderfull work as usual. The badges are great and the PT boat, in particular, is amazing!

... Some of the badges are a bit rubbish (9th infantry!) and I'll maybe tweak 'em a bit.

You should have seen my sad attempts at badge making. It would have made a grown man cry. It certainly made me cry. :cry:

Thank you!

Glad they're OK :)

Second batch: South Vietnamese and South Korean troops. Top row are a Popular Forces unit and a variety of vanilla ARVN troops with M1 Carbines, BARs and M1 Garands. They received M16 in the late 60's but I think the M1 and M2 Carbines were used throughout the war.

Second row are a couple of ARVN airborne troops and Rangers and a CIDG Striker Montagnard followed by generic RoK infantry and badges for the RoK Capital Division and Marines.

Attachments

• fairline Vietnam War ARVN and RoK.png
    fairline Vietnam War ARVN and RoK.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 825
Excellent work, Gareth. I like it how accurately the garand looks so huge in the Vietnamese guy's little hands. Thats why they made so much use of the M1 carbine instead. Love the colors. You nailed it! :clap:
I am being a nerd to note that the Garand's barel actually does not protrude beyond the front sights, which are inline with the underbarrel gas cylinder...? :crazyeye:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M1_Garand

....I am being a nerd to note that the Garand's barel actually does not protrude beyond the front sights, which are inline with the underbarrel gas cylinder...? :crazyeye:

Yes you are :rolleyes::D

You are quite right T. and I'll fix it some time. Not a problem here though as the ARVNs hardly used the Garand as you say.

Third batch Tootall: tweaked (greener!) PAVN, NLA, Khmer Rouge, Pathet Lao and Chinese with PAVN equipment. Tanelorn has already made an excellent 57mm AA gun. BTW, I see you have a Russian T-62 in your units file; as far as I know the PAVN didn't use them, but used the Chinese Type 62 which was basically a light version of the T-54/Type-59.

Anything else needed other than he B-52 bombs?

Attachments

• fairline Vietnam War PAVN NLA and others.png
    fairline Vietnam War PAVN NLA and others.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 809
:cool: Fairline
I really like the Vietnamese troops, and there is plenty of weapons.

If I can make requests, I would ask: VN Giap, Elite Division NVA (Sao Vàng - 3ª) and VC Gunboat.
Other contenders: South Vietnamese Police, Taiwanese Volunteers and Thai Infantry.

;)

Hi Fairline,

This is incredible. I didn't expect to get a full set of ARVN and NVN/VC units. I can't thank you enough for all you've done. :D

Other than the B-52 bomb load, could you include the ARVN Marine Division unit and the badge for the 9th ROK Infantry Division, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9th_Infantry_Division_(Republic_of_Korea).

Tootall

Pleasure. I'm really looking forward to your scenario :)

I'll make those up, together with Gapetit's list.

@Gapetit: I'm struggling to find anything on the NVA Elite Division (Sao Vàng - 3ª). Do you know of any pics of unit emblems or flags or somesuch?

Hello Fairline, you're quite right, it is very difficult to find emblems of Vietnamese divisions in internet -it is also true that were not used in combat- ... in fact it might be easier to put a heavy weapon to bring this difference ... yet I try to include a golden star like that appears on its website -http://quansuvn.net/- to be different from the rest.

I'll try that Gapetit, good idea.

Here's a couple more: RoK 9th Infantry Division, SVN Marine and Thai Black Panther Division.

Attachments

• fairline Vietnam War odds n sods.png
    fairline Vietnam War odds n sods.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 753
Wow, great unit graphics, Fairline. :)

Are there any chance to see some new updated graphics for old classic scenarios like you did in past?

I haven't played ToT for a long time so no real incentive to make the update packs I suppose. Besides, Gapetit is doing a fantastic job of this.

How about yourself - are you back to working on any of your scenarios?

Didn't the character "Cover Girl" in the old '80's Hasbro toy and cartoon series G.I. Joe drive something like that?

Hi Fairline,

Another great graphic set. I can't imagine having created such wonderful units and badges myself.

Your and Tanelorn's designs will go a very long way to give my scenario the look and feel I was hoping to create when I first decided to take on this project.

Thank you again.

Tootall

Thanks gents. I will be dusting off ToT and trying out this new-fangled TOTPP thingy when Tootal has his Vietnam scenario ready and Drew has a release of Spanish Civil War. Can't wait :)

Top Bottom