Modern Unit Graphics

@Patine You are welcome. I have a good model for a Beechcraft Texan II instead...

Quick paintjob. Mig 15/17 Bulgaria Romania Albania and Hungary.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Mig15 Mig17 BU RO AL HU.png
    Tanelorn Mig15 Mig17 BU RO AL HU.png
    14 KB · Views: 783
@Omega124 I see, bad form. Mea culpa. I am sorry.
I will be happy to help with your project in any way.
Well if you're feeling really generous, our next step was to take these and assemble a full roster in Namibian kit (or Angolan, since no-one's done an official Namibian set).

But between you and Erika, I have everything I could have reasonably asked for. :)

@Tanelorn: all of your recent F-86's and MiG-15's reminds me of back when I was 12 or 13, I was doing those model airplane kits, and the 2nd and 3rd I ever did (after a Sopwith Camel) were an F-86 and a MiG-15 that were packaged together in the same box as a "dueling pair."

Bulgarian and Hungarian radar equipped Mig 17PF Fresco D.

@Thorvald of Lym Angolan Mig 17

Attachments

• Tanelorn Mig 17PF.png
    Tanelorn Mig 17PF.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 790
  • Tanelorn Mig 17 Angola.png
    Tanelorn Mig 17 Angola.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 699
Last edited:
Mystere III, a pair of Super-Mystere's, a pair of Etenard IV's, MIG YE-152, MIG YE-152A, a couple YAK-141 Freestyles and a Yak-140.

Attachments

• 10Jeetz.PNG
    10Jeetz.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 159
Lo and behold, a prototype:

Mad props again to Tanelorn & Erika; I coulda done it without you, but odds are it would've been rubbish. :p

Last edited:

Minor tweaks to Gareth's Mig 21s.
Details.
Mig 21F-13/ early J7:
No brake chute, one piece canopy, tapering intake, small radar & no external pylons
Mig 21 PF, FL, PL
Halfway spine tank, one piece canopy, & no external pylons
Mig 21 PFM, PFL
Halfway spine tank, two piece canopy, & no external pylons
Mig 21 SMT
Bulged spine tank
Late J7, J7I, J7II
Brake chute, two piece canopy, tapering intake, small radar & no external pylons
J7M, J7E, J7P, J7M
Brake chute, two piece canopy, tapering intake, small radar, top position pitot tube & external pylons (not for missles)
J7MP
Brake chute, two piece canopy, tapering intake, small radar, top position pitot tube & external pylons for missles
J7EB, J7G, J7PG
Double delta wing, brake chute, two piece canopy, tapering intake, small radar, top position pitot tube & external pylons for missles
J7III is a copy of the Soviet Mig21 MF

Attachments

• Tanelorn Fishbed tweaks.png
    Tanelorn Fishbed tweaks.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 795
Last edited:
Erika, could you please try your hand at two more armoured vehicles I'm aren't out there, please? I need the North Korean Pokpung-ho MBT, an apparent mix of source elements from various Soviet and Chinese tanks that has been photographed on military parades on various North Korean national holidays, and the GCT-155mm armoured mobile howitzer on an AMX-30 chassis that seems to be the mainstay of mobile heavy artillery in the French Army currently. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokpung-ho
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCT_155mm

Attachments

• Tanelorn Ye-2 Faceplate.png
    Tanelorn Ye-2 Faceplate.png
    3 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
The full roster:

Modified from the Angolan camo, but Namibian uniforms are close enough to fudge it. :p
Further variants may ensue depending on what we want/need, but with this I have a basic template to mix and match gear and poses.

Last edited:

Petty much all Balkan front Mig 21 Fishbed/ Chengdu J7 variants and camo schemes, with appropriate insignia and service dates where I could find them, bar post Yugo states (yet).
Albanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Romanian and Yugoslavian fighters.
@techumseh To answer your previous question, Mig21 was the first Squadron Signal series book I bought back in my modeling days, and Mig23 was my first Osprey...

Attachments

• Tanelorn Balkan Fishbeds.png
    Tanelorn Balkan Fishbeds.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:
Well, i turned the AMX-30 into a GCT-FUBAR (temp. placeholder?), made attempts at the Songun-Ho MBT, a few Pugpunk-hoes, Generic Upgraded T-62, Various T-62/T-72 Hybrids(T-72 Suspension on T-62 Hull, some w/T-72 Turrets, more failed Pokpung-ho's ) and some attempts at the IT-1 Missile tank(a Squashed T-62 armed with missiles instead of guns)

Attachments

• FuglyFubarImposterTanks.PNG
    FuglyFubarImposterTanks.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 407
Thank-you very much, Erika!

Type-62, some OT-62 Topaz APCs, BRMDM-2M-96, WZ551 APC, WZ523 APC, Various Type-63 APCs, Type-86A WZ501, Some missile trucks, an ERC-90 Sagaie, Pseudo-BTR-40-ish APC, Biker.

Attachments

• 20Vhcls.PNG
    20Vhcls.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 493

@Thorvald of Lym Angolan Mig21 paintjobs. The Mig21 F-13 is conjectural, since I cant find any photos, but only 8 machines came from Soviet stocks & they were flown by Soviet pilots. The MFs came from Cuban stocks and were initialy flown by cuban pilots. The colours and insignia are correct but the pattern for the -bis needs some revisiting. All were withdrawn by 2007 but some -bis are on reserve.
As for the Namibians, great job :goodjob:. Note however that instead of the US style Woodland the Namibian infantry uses French style Lizard camo and their paramilitary "police" uses an orange version of the British DPM (they used second hand British DPM uniforms early on).
@Broken_Erika Have you checked this site about Noth Korean machines? :http://www.massimotessitori.altervista.org/armoursite/nkindigenoustanks/index.html
It has loads of pictures from multiple angles. The biker you made is my favourite. :love: I think the Sagaie you made is very useful for scenarios too. Will you consider making an AMX 10RC? I have made one too previously, but I really don't like it. It is like an AMX 10P on wheels with an AMX40-ish turret.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Angolan Fishbeds.png
    Tanelorn Angolan Fishbeds.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Duly noted. I remember a lizard set lurking around somewhere so I'll look into revised uniforms.

I don't know where you guys get the patience for all those variations. :crazyeye:

Erika, is that biker perchance based on Curt's American Kingdoms biker, just a bit more feminine? :p

Top Bottom