Modern Unit Graphics

French Aeronavale TBM Avenger for the 1st Indochina war and the Suez crisis.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Aeronavale TBM Avenger.png
    Tanelorn Aeronavale TBM Avenger.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 806

French airforce and aeronavale aircraft of the 1946-1954 1st Indochina war. Several more Japanese types were also used, but only of the Ki-43 Hayabusa "Oscar" 13 were used whereas only single or only a couple examples of the other types were put to use by the French.
Tunisian (1952-1954) and Algerian war (1954-1962) next

Attachments

• Tanelorn French airforces 1st Indochina war.png
    Tanelorn French airforces 1st Indochina war.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:

French airforce and aeronavale aircraft of the 1946-1954 1st Indochina war. Several more Japanese types were also used, but only of the Ki-43 Hayabusa "Oscar" 13 were used whereas only single or only a couple examples of the other types were put to use by the French.
Tunisian (1952-1954) and Algerian war (1954-1962) next

Will the Algerian War collection feature the Morane-Saulnier MS.505 Criquet (the French rebranded clone of the Fieseler Fi 156 Storch), of the type I had made an non-priority request for in the inaugural class of planes of the incipient Royal Moroccan Air Force in 1956, which it states in a couple sources was used in the Algerian War by the Armée de l'Air as a recon plane?

Made on MS paint at work, so don't judge too harshly. :lol:

Judge you? It would be like a Grade 6 art class student judging Da Vinci. :p

They look great. And, BTW, dirty secret: those unit shields and roundels I made and displayed some time back for obscure allegiances were made on MS Paint, too. :mischief:

Made on MS paint at work, so don't judge too harshly. :lol:
I for one only use Paint XP for making units. (It's basically the windows XP version of MS paint) everything else i've tried was just too clunky and complicated for my tastes.

I use GIMP 'cuz it lets you play around with layers.

I can't even imagine how tedious it must be trying to kitbash with Paint only.

When in 1958 the French were looking for a replacement for their T-6's, they selected the North American T-28 Trojan/Nomad. The US Navy, however, had rights to all the new T-28s. Nevertheless, the French found some 148 ex-US Air Force T-28As stored at Davis-Monthan. Brought to France, the aircraft went through a complex overhaul at Sud Aviation, in 1959: the Wright R-1300 engine was replaced by much more powerful R-1820-76A, parts of the lower fuselage and cockpit were armoured, and the aircraft have got hard points for machine-gun pods, rockets and bombs. These 'new' T-28s, called 'Fennec' in Armee de l'Air, entered service in 1959-60 as pictured. They remained in active service with AdA until 1964.
They sold most of them to Morocco (25, pictured) and Argentina (65 T-28S Fennec, pictured and 34 T28A. Used in the confrontation with chile over Beagle straight). Nicaragua purchased four (or 6) of these ex-Morocco aircraft. Argentina later sold some to Uruguay and Honduras (8, pictured used in the football war). Another 12 went to Haiti.
The T28 was also used by South Vietnam (30? pictured, operation Farmgate), Cambodia (47, pictured), Laos (55, pictured), Thailand (88, pictured), Ethiopia under the monarchy (24, pictured) and the USAF (pictured, the "secret war") and USN among others.

Attachments

• Tanelorn T28 TROJAN FENNEC.png
    Tanelorn T28 TROJAN FENNEC.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

When in 1958 the French were looking for a replacement for their T-6's, they selected the North American T-28 Trojan/Nomad. The US Navy, however, had rights to all the new T-28s. Nevertheless, the French found some 148 ex-US Air Force T-28As stored at Davis-Monthan. Brought to France, the aircraft went through a complex overhaul at Sud Aviation, in 1959: the Wright R-1300 engine was replaced by much more powerful R-1820-76A, parts of the lower fuselage and cockpit were armoured, and the aircraft have got hard points for machine-gun pods, rockets and bombs. These 'new' T-28s, called 'Fennec' in Armee de l'Air, entered service in 1959-60 as pictured. They remained in active service with AdA until 1964.
They sold most of them to Morocco (25, pictured) and Argentina (65 T-28S Fennec, pictured and 34 T28A. Used in the confrontation with chile over Beagle straight). Nicaragua purchased four (or 6) of these ex-Morocco aircraft. Argentina later sold some to Uruguay and Honduras (8, pictured used in the football war). Another 12 went to Haiti.
The T28 was also used by South Vietnam (30? pictured, operation Farmgate), Cambodia (47, pictured), Laos (55, pictured), Thailand (88, pictured), Ethiopia under the monarchy (24, pictured) and the USAF (pictured, the "secret war") and USN among others.

Do you think you could do the ones used by South Korea so I could give a one-unit graphics update to the Korean War scenario @McMonkey and I had released, as I'm pretty sure the used there must be an old version of the T-28 graphics model?

I am pretty sure the T-28 were not used in the Korean war, @Patine . You must be thinking of the T-6 Texan they replaced. There isn't another Trojan, I just made it.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure the T-28 were not used in the Korean war, @Patine . You must be thinking of the T-6 Texan they replaced. There isn't another Trojan, I just made it.

Oh, my mistake. I'm not sure what's being used in there, or where's it's from - but it looks very close to your T-28. It was put in there some years ago. I just checked the rules.txt, and it does say "T-6 Texan," though.

@Tanelorn This is the graphic that's currently in the slot. As I said, I'm uncertain as to it's original source, but it's been there for a number of years without update.

Attachments

• South_Korean_Plane.png
    South_Korean_Plane.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 144
Here is a selection of the main French aircraft in the Algerian war of independence 1954-1962:

@Patine I am also slightly far-sighted, like half a degree. Comes with age I suppose. No worries.

Attachments

• Tanelorn French aircraft Algeria 1954 1962.png
    Tanelorn French aircraft Algeria 1954 1962.png
    25 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:

Light touch-up to the Jaguar. Mostly I realised I had given it a French nose, when everybody knows its mother was a hamster and its father smelt of elderberries!

Attachments

• Tanelorn Sepecat Jaguar GR Mk 3a.png
    Tanelorn Sepecat Jaguar GR Mk 3a.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 872
Top Bottom