Modern Unit Graphics

I said I wasn't going to draw any units for the Ukraine-Russia war, but I lied:

fairline Ukraine war Russian tanks.png
fairline Ukraine war Ukrainian tanks.png

I haven't seen any pics from the conflict of the NATO tanks given to Ukraine deployed yet, so I've no idea whether they'll retain their NATO camouflage or be repainted by Ukraine. I'll update these compilations as and when pics come to light.

Last edited:

The light twin turbine engine helicopter Bo 105 was developed by German industry in the early 70s and it has been set up to perform either civil or military purposes.Its main advantage is high flight maneuverability. The armed version for German Army named PAH-1 was armed with the wire-guided Euromissile HOT ATGM. Produced from the ‘70s to the first years of 2000, the Bo 105 achived commercial success and equipped the armies of several countries.
Including India, where 335 have been built since 1992 as the more streamlined HAL Dhruv (production is ongoing), replacing the HAL Chetak (Aerospatialle III).
91 units of the Rudra, pictured, an armed version of the Dhruv entered Indian service since 2012. 75 more are on order. They have largely replaced India's 52 Mi-24 and Mi-35 Hinds (some of which were donated to Afghanistan in 2015 and 2019).

Attachments

• Tanelorn HAL Rudra.png
    Tanelorn HAL Rudra.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Update to the Sino-Pakistani JF 17 Thunder
Since 2007, 150 have been delivered to the Pakistani airforce. 38 more JF17C block 3 are currently being delivered.
Myanmar is accepting 16 into service, starting in 2018. In November 2022, it was reported that most of the aircraft had been grounded due to structural cracks and other technical issues...
Three have been delivered to Nigeria in 2021. Up to 35- 40 under consideration.

Argentina is the only other realistic potential customer, given that all other options include UK sourced components (like Martin-Baker ejection seats) that would lead to a sales ban.

Attachments

• Tanelorn PAC JF17 Thunder.png
    Tanelorn PAC JF17 Thunder.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

BGM 71 TOW anti-tank missile
The Chinese HJ9, Israeli MAPATS, South African Ingwe and Iranian Toophan are based on, direct copies or reversed engineered versions of the American missile.

Attachments

• Tanelorn BGM 71 TOW.png
    Tanelorn BGM 71 TOW.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Viewing them on the phone. "There's a rocket in my pocket!"
I thinkt this is where that character in the old sitcom, "The Office," says, "that's what she said." :p

HJ 8 The main ATGM of the PLA entered service between 1984 and 1988. Also produced in Pakistan as the Baktar Shikan.
The TOW II remains a very capable US anti-tank system, despite the fact that this weapon is 40 years old.
The HJ 9A is the Chinese copy of the TOW II
The AT4 Spigot/ 9K111 Fagot was adopted by the Soviet Army in 1970. It was also licence produced in Yugoslavia. Bulsae-2 is a North Korean indigenous version of the Fagot.
SAMHO is a Fagot related Indian anti-tank guided missile.
AT5 Spandrel / 9M113 Konkurs is a larger, deadlier variant of the Fagot, from 1974. Production was also carried out in Bulgaria and the former Yugoslavia (Slovenia inherited the latter’s ATGM production). Its production has also extended to Iran as the TOSAN-1. Substantial stocks of the Konkurs were left in what used to be the Eastern Bloc, especially in Ukraine, Belarus, Romania, and Moldova.
The Stugna and Skif are Ukrainian laser guided ATGMs.

Attachments

• Tanelorn HJ 8 and HJ 9A Red Arrow.png
    Tanelorn HJ 8 and HJ 9A Red Arrow.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 767
Top Bottom