Modhelp wanted: Removing yield on cityfounding

ADHansa

Warlord
In my personal mod i have created a profession called "Settler" that cost food, lumber and tool and is the only European profession that can found cities.

Right now when a settler found a city all those goods are of course added to the city storage which give the possibility for a second unit to just tool up to a settler with them. I would prefer if some of those good was removed upon founding a city to create a sort of "found cost". Any ideas how i can do that?

Doesn't look like there is any way around modding the DLL. In bool CvUnit::doFound(bool bBuyLand)
PHP:
setProfession(NO_PROFESSION, true);
GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).found(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE());
Add the first line and it will convert the unit to NO_PROFESSION before adding the city and that way fail to provide anywhere to place the yields.

If you plan to mod, you might consider getting a closer relationship with one or more of the active mods. It takes skill and time to make something good and it's extremely unlikely that all the needed skills are in one person, meaning modding is teamwork. I know both M:C and RaR are active, even if they might not appear extremely active on the forum.

Top Bottom