1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

.modinfo structure

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Gedemon, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Horem is using them in his Test of Time mod with my Detailed Worlds mod as a reference. Without the reference in his modinfo some players experience crashes using the two mods together so it does appear to have some impact.

2. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Chieftain

@LeeS, Tutorial.modinfo has "<DisabledAtStartup>1</DisabledAtStartup>", maybe you saw that and mis-remembered it, or maybe it was <EnabledAtStartup> and they changed it in the last patch?

@Gedemon, I've tested that <References>, <Blocks>, and <Dependencies> do get parsed properly into the Mods.sqlite ModRelationships table, but I haven't tested whether they do anything--they may well be another victim of the apparently incomplete mod code.

@cyrilp, I find using .sql files simpler than .xml for database changes. Create a text file with a .sql extension, like SwapFranceAndGermany.sql and put that in the <UpdateDatabase><Items><File> section of your modinfo (where you have Civilizations.xml currently), then:

Code:
    INSERT INTO StartBiasTerrains (CivilizationType, TerrainType, Tier) VALUES ("CIVILIZATION_GERMANY", "TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS", 1);
    UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "TEMP" WHERE CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_GERMANY";
    UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" WHERE CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE";
    UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" WHERE CivilizationType = "TEMP";

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, they've done exactly that "<EnabledAtStartup>0</EnabledAtStartup>" was replaced by "<DisabledAtStartup>1</DisabledAtStartup>" in Tutorial.modinfo, and "<EnabledAtStartup>1</EnabledAtStartup>" was removed in Aztec_Montezuma.modinfo as "<EnabledByDefault>1</EnabledByDefault>" seems to include it.

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Moderator Action: Closing this thread, please see the updated version thanks to PlotinusRedux : here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.