.modinfo structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dependencies, Blocks and References where not working last time I tried them (I don't remember if it was before the patch), for the first two I'm not surprised because the Mods menu is very basic and don't handle that, but I was expecting References to be already used in the executable.
Horem is using them in his Test of Time mod with my Detailed Worlds mod as a reference. Without the reference in his modinfo some players experience crashes using the two mods together so it does appear to have some impact.

@LeeS, Tutorial.modinfo has "<DisabledAtStartup>1</DisabledAtStartup>", maybe you saw that and mis-remembered it, or maybe it was <EnabledAtStartup> and they changed it in the last patch?

@Gedemon, I've tested that <References>, <Blocks>, and <Dependencies> do get parsed properly into the Mods.sqlite ModRelationships table, but I haven't tested whether they do anything--they may well be another victim of the apparently incomplete mod code.

@cyrilp, I find using .sql files simpler than .xml for database changes. Create a text file with a .sql extension, like SwapFranceAndGermany.sql and put that in the <UpdateDatabase><Items><File> section of your modinfo (where you have Civilizations.xml currently), then:

Code:
INSERT INTO StartBiasTerrains (CivilizationType, TerrainType, Tier) VALUES ("CIVILIZATION_GERMANY", "TERRAIN_GRASS_HILLS", 1);
UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "TEMP" WHERE CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_GERMANY";
UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" WHERE CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE";
UPDATE CityNames SET CivilizationType = "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE" WHERE CivilizationType = "TEMP";

Last edited:
@LeeS, Tutorial.modinfo has "<DisabledAtStartup>1</DisabledAtStartup>", maybe you saw that and mis-remembered it, or maybe it was <EnabledAtStartup> and they changed it in the last patch?
Yes, they've done exactly that "<EnabledAtStartup>0</EnabledAtStartup>" was replaced by "<DisabledAtStartup>1</DisabledAtStartup>" in Tutorial.modinfo, and "<EnabledAtStartup>1</EnabledAtStartup>" was removed in Aztec_Montezuma.modinfo as "<EnabledByDefault>1</EnabledByDefault>" seems to include it.

Moderator Action: Closing this thread, please see the updated version thanks to PlotinusRedux : here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom