Modpacks that feature new traits?

Falk

Prince
Does anyone know any big modpacks that add new traits to the game and stick to the no trait combination twice rule of the original CivIV?

I know Thomas' War does that, but tsentom seems gone for many months now and I really need something new (Thomas' War is still great fun, mind you, but I need new stuff every now and then).
Unfortunately most of the cool modpacks don't add traits, probably because this requires Python or C++ coding. I've tried making a mod myself, but I too can't get any farther than xml coding.

I hope there's more out there and I am just too dumb to find it. :)

My upcoming mod, CivFusion, adds 4 new traits and revamps the existing traits. All trait combinations are used and none are duplicated. You can find it in the Modpacks forum. The final release of version 0.75 should be out within a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
ripple01

Rise of Mankind has several new traits, and leaders still have two max.

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I was aware of Rise of Mankind, but don't really like it. It changes way too much and seems not at all balanced (though that's only an impression based on not much experience).

CivFusion has somehow gone under my radar, looks very promising! I'll give it a try once the new version is out.

I guess, nearly every mod has some sort of new traits (or is there one, which doesn't?).

Some Don't. PIG, and if you just play plain BUG, BUFFY, and RevDCM have no new traits.

I like RoM because it isn't BTS anymore, it's a completely different game. I think it's balanced nearly perfectly in version 2.8, but then, that's my opinion.

To each his own.

I like RoM because it isn't BTS anymore, it's a completely different game.
I should have stated in my op that I like mods to be as similar to BtS as possible (i.e. adding many things, but changing few). That's probably what I disliked about RoM the most. But as you say, to each his own. :)

@The_J
I guess, nearly every mod has some sort of new traits (or is there one, which doesn't?).
As Afforess said, there are quite many mods that don't. And of those that do, most go overboard with it and create a completely different game by changing the fundamentals. Mods like RoM or FFH. I'm sure they are great mods, but not my cup of tea.

Try Legends of Revolution; it plays like an expansion pack. LoR adds a single new trait, but if you want more there is an add on modmod available for LoR, the Leaders and Legends add on, which adds 3 new traits, and a couple dozen new leaders.

Try Legends of Revolution; it plays like an expansion pack. LoR adds a single new trait, but if you want more there is an add on modmod available for LoR, the Leaders and Legends add on, which adds 3 new traits, and a couple dozen new leaders.

... How did I know that you were going to pop in here and mention LOR? :lol:

Phungus is right though, it looks like if you want a mod with minimal changes to BTS, you want LOR.

EDIT:
1000 Post! You should feel special.

Some Don't. PIG, and if you just play plain BUG, BUFFY, and RevDCM have no new traits.

I would never have thought about BUG or BUFFY, because there's no intendation there to add new traits. You could also say, that Blue Marble doesn't add any new traits.

Btw @both: To suggest a mod, on which youself work, is a bit arrogant imho.

I would never have thought about BUG or BUFFY, because there's no intendation there to add new traits. You could also say, that Blue Marble doesn't add any new traits.

Blue Marble is more of a graphics update than a mod. BUG could be argued both ways. BUFFY is a distinct mod, it has game altering features.

Btw @both: To suggest a mod, on which youself work, is a bit arrogant imho.
I'm going to pretend you never said this.

Well of course they are going to suggest stuff they worked on! Human nature.

Trait editing just requires simple XML. There is a file in the Warlords/Assets/XML/Civilizations called TraitInfos which has the traits. They were unchanged in BtS, so if you don't have Warlords, then go to Beyond the Sword/Assets/XML/Civilizations to find the file. You can add traits and change them there. You can change which leader has which trait in the LeaderHeadInfos file.

Yep I know about the XML stuff. Unfortunately your options there are very limited. Doing something entirely new requires Python or C++ coding.

Top Bottom