Mods in steam

pjdonovan

Chieftain
Just got this in the summer sale - is there a way to get mods for the game on steam?

Sorry, I'm no Steam user.
Mods are available here in the mods section ("Creation and Customization"), but I don't know how they have to be installed in a Steam environment.

I use Steam, mostly single offline. I've wanted to play TAC for a couple of years but, with an iMac and no Windows, it was mainly an education in adaptations that didn't quite work.

Finally I've indulged in a laptop specifically for gaming. TAC was a big incentive so I guess mods contribute to the economy. Here's the install sequence:

Download TAC from CivFanatics Civ4Col Mods thread. Don't worry about patch 1.3. It's already included in your download.

Open documents and find Games or whichever file name you use for games. Drag TAC from Downloads to Games/MODs. When you open Colonization choose Advanced. TAC should be a MOD option that you can open.

To say I was delighted when it opened and I could finally play is an understatement. I'm still working through the first game and several things are different but everything I liked about vanilla is still there. So far what's new has been a better match for the historic model: as the modders say, authentic.

Top Bottom