Mods not installing because Steam is not installed on C:? Here's how to do it!

If you mean "LOTR - Middle Earth (v 1)" that "scenario" is only actually a map, and even that is "broken" as the .modinfo file is wrong so the map won't be shown in the list of maps/map scripts

If you mean "LOTR - Middle Earth (v 1)" that "scenario" is only actually a map, and even that is "broken" as the .modinfo file is wrong so the map won't be shown in the list of maps/map scripts

ah i see but when i moved the map info to the maps folder it worked but that explains why i cannoot do the "load scenario" on it... well i can but it's not the correct civs and rules

Did anybody come up with a definitive solution for those of us who have Steam on the C: drive and who still cannot see the mods? In my case Steam is on C:, I downloaded many mods from within the game menu, installed them exactly as needed by the game, they show enabled in the in game menu, and they show as unzipped files in the MODS folder in the Civ 5 folder in My Games. I even tried copying all the mods over to the MODS folder in the Steam app for Civ 5 and no success. They just plain don't show up in the in game menu. The only success I've had is extracting maps from some of the mods, along with stand alone maps I've downloaded from the in game menu, and manually putting them in the maps folder. Then they show up as an option when I do a customized game.

Did anybody come up with a definitive solution for those of us who have Steam on the C: drive and who still cannot see the mods? In my case Steam is on C:, I downloaded many mods from within the game menu, installed them exactly as needed by the game, they show enabled in the in game menu, and they show as unzipped files in the MODS folder in the Civ 5 folder in My Games. I even tried copying all the mods over to the MODS folder in the Steam app for Civ 5 and no success. They just plain don't show up in the in game menu. The only success I've had is extracting maps from some of the mods, along with stand alone maps I've downloaded from the in game menu, and manually putting them in the maps folder. Then they show up as an option when I do a customized game.

I don't understand the problem, I've put in bold something looking contradictory: do you see the mods in the modhub ingame or not ?

If they are enabled, then they are installed.

Are you sure to launch the game from single player in the mod submenu ?

If so, are you sure to use up to date mods, some are not working anymore.

Top Bottom