Mods not working at all (help!)

Daedraug

Chieftain
Hello all,
None of the mods I'm installing are working, even though they appear in the "additional content" and I can check (or uncheck) them.
This is true with "More Lenses", "Unit Report Screen", "Better Trade Screen" mods.
Once installed, nothing happens when I click on the related button (lens icon, "View Reports" button, "Create Trade Route" button etc ...).
I can hear the "click" though.
I tried all these mods alone, to make sure there were no interference.

I'm not the only one with this issue, I've seen one guy with the very same issue with the "Unit Report Screen" mod.
My Windows 10 and Civilization 6 are genuine of course, I tried to change several parameters (DirectX12, resolution, etc ...) but same result.
Help ! :)

open the logs folder (same directory as your mods folder) and look at modding.log to see if the mods are actually loading, and lua.log to see if you are getting any errors with the files. I haven't used all those mods, so I'm not sure if they change anything rather than ui, so you could also check database log in case.

Thank you for your answer!

I tried what you said with only one mod : "More Lenses".

I checked :
  • Modding.log: everything seem ok, I don't see anything wrong, but I'm not a programmer (I uploaded the file if necessary)
  • Lua.log: everything seem ok, I don't see anything wrong, but I'm not a programmer (I uploaded the file if necessary)
  • Database.log : everything seem ok, I don't see anything wrong, but I'm not a programmer (I uploaded the file if necessary)
I don't undestand ...

My 2 cents : my Windows username has a "é", and Civilization 5 didn't managed properly usernames like this at release. Same issue ?

Attachments

• Modding.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Lua.zip
    797 bytes · Views: 239
  • Database.zip
    320 bytes · Views: 266
My suggestion is to add mods one at a time, especially in your case. Add the mod, load the game, check the box...start a random game. If it loads ..good, check to see w/e mod you are looking for is working.

Rinse-repeat till all are working, or till you find the problem.

As a reference here are the mods I can work together, w/ no problems. ofc following install directions on all, though they are all basically the same; either loaded into Documents folder/ or base game folder..and in some cases both are needed.

Spoiler :

51f75ffb4af38318693d3988706a3782.png

I tried with "More Lenses", "Unit Report Screen", "Better Trade Screen" mods at the same time.
None of them work (same result as described in my first post, they appear in "Additional Contect" etc ...)

I attached here all the log folder while in game.

Thank you again for your help.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,260
My suggestion is to add mods one at a time, especially in your case. Add the mod, load the game, check the box...start a random game. If it loads ..good, check to see w/e mod you are looking for is working.

As a reference here are the mods I can work together, w/ no problems. ofc following install directions on all, though they are all basically the same; either loaded into Documents folder/ or base game folder..and in some cases both are needed.

This is what I did, I installed mods one by one, then 2 mods together, then all of them (I tried almost all combination :) )

Each time I launched Civ 6, everything seems ok, mod(s) are displayed in the "Additional Content" menu, I can check / uncheck, I started new game, it seemed to be fine as game started, but when I try to interact with something changed by the mods, it doesn"t work.

Those 3 mods I tried for instance ('"More Lenses", "Unit Report Screen", "Better Trade Screen" ) change parts of the UI.
I cannot interact anymore with these changed parts of the UI anymore (no effect on the lens icon, no trade route screen, no reports etc ...).

I can heat the "click" when I click on non working icon/button though. As if it was stuck when trying to open.

I installed "Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" mod:

Civ 6 launched properly, I checked the mod in the "Additional Content" menu, started a new game with the map "Greatest Earth Map", game crashed.
I attached the logs to this post.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 200
The screens are not working because there is an error opening/reading the files. I am not sure why you are getting the errors, but for some reason they are not loading into game.

Yes, this is what I "feel". But no idea how to fix this.

I installed "Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" mod:

Civ 6 launched properly, I checked the mod in the "Additional Content" menu, started a new game with the map "Greatest Earth Map", game crashed.

Found in Lua.log:

InGame: Loading InGame UI - C:/Users/Sébastien/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/Yet (not) Another Maps Pack/Scripts/YnAMP_InGame
Runtime Error: Error opening/reading C:/Users/Sébastien/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/Yet (not) Another Maps Pack/Scripts/YnAMP_InGame.lua.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'

I installed and tried "Detailed Worlds" mod.
Same result as with"Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" mod:

Civ 6 launched properly, I checked the mod in the "Additional Content" menu, started a new game with the map "Archipelago Detailed", game crashed.

Found in Lua.log:

LoadScreen: false
Runtime Error: Error opening/reading C:\Users\Sébastien\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Detailed Worlds\Maps\DWArchipelago.lua.
stack traceback:

My 2 cents again: my Windows username has "é" ...

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 190
I would probably try deleting the contents of Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI and then starting the game so they reload, then put the mods back in.

Interesting behavior after I did what you recommended :

1) Started a new game with no mods installed: worked perfectly fine
2) added the mods folder
3) Started a new game -> game simply froze while loading after creating a new game, and I I had to reboot to get out of it.

The Lua.log has a LOT of errors; below one of them:

Lua callstack:

@G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\AdjacencyBonusSupport.lua:5
@G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\StrategicView_MapPlacement.lua:9
@G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\WorldInput.lua:3209
Runtime Error: Error loading G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Civ6Common.lua.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'lInclude'
G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\AdjacencyBonusSupport.lua:5: in function '(main chunk)'
G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\StrategicView_MapPlacement.lua:9: in function '(main chunk)'
G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\WorldInput.lua:3209: in function '(main chunk)'

I attached the Lua.log.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Top Bottom