Mods with more Civ incompatible with generated maps

Asjo

Warlord
I tried to play with a map made with Atlas map generator using the BetterAI mod, 48 civs version. I'm wondering why the game crashes when I try to play with these maps.

First, I tried to install Solver's unofficial patch for my friend, who is using another map generator. The maps he created crashed using "play custom scenario", so I thought the mod was not working. I thought it was the patch that somehow wasn't working. I searched to find out what the problem could be and noticed that someone said to fill out all 48 slots, even if they are not used. So, upon discovering that I was able to play custom games with more civilizations worked fine for me, I tried to play a custom scenarion where I made sure that all player slots were users, but it didn't help. And obviously, with 48 civs, I would want a little more space than a huge map can offer :p

It's difficult to understand you, are you a non native english speaker?

Anyway I think you're asking about scenarios, or pre made maps. Pre made maps must be set with the same number of civs in the dll, if these don't agree, the map wol't load.

No, I'm not a native English speaker (I'm from Denmark), but my English is quite good. I laughed so hard when I saw your comment. When I write while I think, the text often ends up with lots of errors of thought, typos and the like. It was quite hard for myself ot read my comment when I checked it now, so I have edited it now. Hope that helps ;)

Anyway, you're fairly unclear yourself. I suppose that you mean "number of civs as the dll". At least, this is what I suspected myself, but in Atlas, I could make more that 18 starting locations.

So, I edited my map with notepad and made sure there were 47 of the following entries ... and it fudging worked:

BeginTeam
ContactWithTeam=0
RevealMap=0
EndTeam

BeginPlayer
Team=0
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
EndPlayer

So, thank you :)

You don't even need to bother with any team entries. The game still works fine.

Top Bottom