MoM Xtended: various questions

me_myrmidon

Chieftain
Absolutely devouring the game and the modModModModModXtended enhancements!

1. how do I get access to new mana (and thus new type of node)?

Say I'm playing Amurites and I started with Air Mana, and Mind Mana. But later on I would like to get Fire mana. What are the available paths/opportunities? For example I would dearly like to get the Scorch terraforming spell in my current game.

So far I've seen opportunities for new mana from:
(I'll edit add to this list as I play)

a. unique terrain features

2. I want to get rid of some mountains in my territory. What is the prerequisite for the "Lower Terrain" terraforming spell? I have two Air Nodes. And am I correct in assuming that a terraforming spell is the only way to change/remove mountain terrain type.

3. Any way to get rid of a volcano and/or have it return to mountain terrain?

1.) Getting other types of mana isn't super easy, so the starting mana matters quite a lot, imho. Unique features can be a good way if you find them early and settle close to them. There are also wonders associated with some mana I recall one for the Sheaim iirc and one giving Life mana that is in the healing guild. Capturing the capital of an AI civ gives you the Palace ruins in that city afaik and that gives you Death Mana.
Sometimes there are regular mana nodes spread around.

3.) Volcanoes quiet down on their own after some time. Afaik there are no spells to get rid of them, I might just have never seen them, however.

Ah thanks totally forgot about the "capture capital for mana". That makes me actually want enemies close by. However now that I'm on Emperor difficulty, that "15 unit limit" is really a big deal. My next game is going for default number of civs...i.e. a really crowded map and see if I can survive multiple concurrent wars. Edit: nope, had three immediate neighbors at Emperor level and they have 2 or 3 cities and I had none.

The regular mana nodes basically govern my expansion. I think that I would like the "new city radius" around my starting area to provide four mana nodes in a given game. Spell research for an Amurite has huge effects in just about everything.

Last edited:
4. Are these misc. terrain features doing anything? Witches Hut, Mana Shrine, Lost Temple etc.? I sorta remember with previous WildMana/FFH versions that these did something...

They give you yields. Afaik you don't have to work them, they just need to be in your realm. Witches hut gives Herbs, Mana Shrine gives Mana income, Lost Temple I believe gives Faith (?).

I just add my question here, just started with this nice mod. What does a promotion "+1 Affinity for Timber" on a unit mean exaclty?

Affinities give your units extra base strength for each of the resource you have. In your case, your unit gets +1 Strength for each Timber that is connected to your system. Let's say a unit with +3 Chaos Affinity would get +3 strength for each Chaos mana you have.

Affinities are quite strong (as the base strength is then modified by the usual defense and stuff) and if you can stack the resource it will create strong units. Typically affinities exist only for mana, Timber is the only (or one of the few resources) that is an exception.

A little question, can Elohim's Devout do something about wizard tower's mana (if the random is something else then life/nature)? or is it better to avoid to build them all together (if i aim for arcane inquisition)

Top Bottom