MOO1 Klackon Game

Year 2359:
Spoiler :

We designed a larger ship around the Gattling Laser Cannon. Production started immediately at Kholdan and Esper.

The Silicoids continue to bomb Paranar in preparation for Invasion. It is an inconvenience but the Klackon just have to live with it.....

....and take revenge on Beta Ceti.

The real threat came from the Invasion, but the Silicoids were outnumbered and outgunned, even at tiny Paranar. They lost all 18 Troops to our 16.

Year 2360:
Spoiler :

The Klackon move from Beta Ceti to prepare for the counter attack at Paranar.

Klackon Industrial Engineers improve Construction Technology.

Each level of Industrial Technology has a bigger effect!

Scouts explore the Berel System.

Year 2361:
Spoiler :

The first of the new Giant Ant L0's is ready at Kholdan. It charts a course to the contested Beta Ceti System.

Klackon Computer Engineers make improvements to the Targeting Computer. Of course this had to wait until the first of the Giant Ants was already complete.

Onward they move to improving ECM.

Scouts explore the Volantis and Simius Systems.

The picture of the simius System went missing. It is a Yellow Star near the right edge ofthe map a few Parsecs downward from Kholdan. It features a 50 Population Tundra Planet.

Year 2362: The Battle of Paranar
Spoiler :

This year features the Battle of Paranar.

It was a one-sided battle. The Silicoids were destroyed in this confrontation. The Klackon lost one ship. As a further insult to injury, the invasion attempt was completely obliterated.

Weapon Technology continues to develop.

Two new colonies are formed.

Scouts continue to explore the galaxy - This time discovering a Jungle World in the Thrax System.

Building the Colony in the Omicron System has brought the Klackon into contact with the Meklar.

Lore describes them to be Ruthless Industrialists - whatever that may mean. We know little else about the Meklar.

We will work to gather whatever information we can muster.

No picture was taken of their Empire. It consists of two Systems.

Here is a peek at the Klackon Empire. It consists of 11 Systems.

As usual, the new Colonies of Omicron and Primodius will be populated from Aurora.

I hate to put Gatlings on large ships. They always occur when I have either the retro or at best nuclear engines. This pretty much means they will go to one place and get disbanded soon after.

Did not have NPG I take it? The good news is that early a single large can hold off the stuff they send for a time.

Nice job on the AAR.

^^Thanks.

Year 2364:
Spoiler :

Colony Ships continue to roll out. They chart routes from Kholdan to Rigel and from Esper to Tao. They will take 9 years to arrive.

Chryslon is defended with Missile Bases and forces the scout to retreat. Even this information is worth noting.

Year 2365:
Spoiler :

Another Colony Ship rolls out at Kholdan. It has to wait one turn as it is too far away from its intended target.

The retreating Scout Ship has spotted a huge Silicoid Vessel.

It is accompanied with Colonists.

Scouts explore the Laan System.

New Colonies are founded at Phantos and Proxima.

Klackon Expansion is proceeding very rapidly.

Year 2366:
Spoiler :

Another Colony M1 is produced in Kholdan. They chart courses to the Berel System and the Laan System.

Klackon Infiltrators have started their work on the Meklar Empire and found that they have some Construction Technology that is of interest.

Just when crossing the Galaxy is seeming to take an eternity, a breakthrough cuts the time in half.

Half an eternity is still an eternity. Klackon Engineers will work on making that one third of an eternity.

Year 2367:
Spoiler :

More Ships are produced. The Colony Ship heads to the Thrax System and the Cruiser heads to the Nordia System.

We upgraded the Tundra Colony Ship and the Giant Ant Cruiser with the new Engines.

The two Original Scout Ships got scrapped to make this design.

Klackon Planet Engineers acheived a breakthrough in colonizing Dead Planets.

Now it is onto those Inferno Worlds that make those ants run really fast!

Year 2368:
Spoiler :

The faster Colony T1 is ready in Kholdan. It will arrive at the Ultra Rich Drakka System in 4 years.

Scouts explore the Morrig System.

Year 2369:
Spoiler :

Scouts have located Orion.

The Zhardan System is explored.

Current Year 2370:
The Giant Ants continue to roll out.

Another invasion of Beta Ceti is a few years away. It is another diversion intended to destroy a few Silicoid Troops.

It looks like the Meklar are going to win the footrace to the Jungle Tao System.

Here is a peek at our Empires.

And Silicoid Scientists have been busy!

What is it they discovered?

It might also be Death Spores because I already have Dead Planets.

End of Year 2370:
Spoiler :

Scouts explore the Nitzer System.

Year 2371:
Spoiler :

A new Colony is formed on the Ultra Rich Drakka System.

The Meklar must have decided that we are just getting too big and they have declared war.

Year 2372:
Spoiler :

A Giant Ant is produced just in time to help with the defense of Omicron, the colony nearest to Mekklon.

Another Colony is founded on the Ultra Poor Rigel System. It will serve as a place to generate colonists and invaders.

We started to bomb Beta Ceti again.

The invasion was unsuccessful and we lost 38 Troops, but only 23 of the 76 Silicoid Colonists survived.

Year 2373:
Spoiler :

Scouts explore the Tyr and Firma Systems.

Bombing continues on Beta Ceti.

Year 2374:
Spoiler :

3 More Giant Ants are produced. They head for the Rigel and Nordia Systems.

More Bombing:

Year 2375:
Spoiler :

Another colony is founded on Laan.

Scouts explore Rotan.

Bombing continues.

The Silicoids attempt to invade Paranar but they are outgunned.

Year 2376:
Spoiler :

Fleet Production continues.

A Silicoid Colony Ship is engaged at Paranar. What was it doing there?

Systems are explored.

.....and bombed.

Nordia is taken from the Silicoids with 19 of the 31 Invaders wiping out the 12 Silicoids. It looks like half of them fled the planet.

In spite of the complete lack of Industry or Resources, there was an Industrial Accident.

It looks like we have 17 Planets and a lot of them are looking quite developed.

The Silicoids have technology that may help develop them even more!

Here is a peek at our relative strength.

Imageshack account is getting quite full. I will have to look at how much it costs to upgrade it. I will work at gradually dispensing with some details but each round is about 30 images.

I do not know how many are follolwing this, but I have seen all the pix. I doubt it would hurt to remove the pix of planets. Maybe just list the type on size and no picture. You also can upload pix here for about 60mb iirc. I am always filling my quota and not able to post, till I delete some.

If anything I can put it into a Word Document and zip it - I am not sure how big it will be. I am also not sure how much a hobby costs at Photobucket or Imageshack.

I am up to the year 2382 and 20 Planets but I will not be able to post much about it until Friday night. It is another juncture point and I am wondering if I should play defensive on the war and just focus on expansion since the tools for that are rapidly developing.

Ideas for ship building depends on whether I focus on the war effort - or if I just focus on expansion. I am leaning towards the latter. Colony ships are getting faster and we have the means to colonize many of them.

Oh - and I know who all the races are but most of them have not made formal contact. It is not looking like a very friendly game. :)

Ships can go anyway one wants. I tend to make large ships and once I have 3-5 types, start to scrap a design and make a new one. First round of designs I tend to make 8-10 ships per design.

In a map as big a this I will eventually have 5 designs and let them grow to about 20-35 each. That is, if I am going to conquest the whole map.

Medium ships with larger numbers works, but I prefer to have larger boats and fewer of them. Just a preference. I just never like having to scrap fleets once they get into the hundreds as they do for mediums.

Year 2377:
Spoiler :

Bombing continues on Beta Ceti. A Silicoid Colony Ship was engaged at Paranar. Saboteurs have been at work on newly captured Nordia.

New colonies were built on Thrax and Berel.

Thrax will be a population generator. Berel can either be a production or research center.

Year 2378: 2 more Giant Ants were produced. Bombing continues on Beta Ceti.

Year 2379: The Meklar attack the Rigel System.
Spoiler :

Needless to say, this is much more than a match for the Cruiser-Sized Ant.

They followed up with a bombing.

That was only the beginning of the pain.

An Improved ECM Jammer was developed.

Scouts explore Hyades.

Beta Ceti was bombed and captured.

The Silicoids weak attempt to capture Paranar was thwarted.

Year 2380: We meet our fifth and final opponent.......
Spoiler :

Klackon Scouts have engaged the Darloks at the Nazin System.

Year 2381:
Spoiler :

The technology required to establish colonies on the many Inferno Worlds near the Kholdan system is finally developed.

The Radioactive waste on Laan is finally cleaned up.

Bombing continues and the Silicoids have had enough and sue for peace.

We might as well hit the paper for what it is worth. Transports will arrive at the Quayal System in 4 years so the peace will not last that long.

Production of the fleet continues.

Here is a map of the Galaxy and a comparison of the two Empies we are in contact with.

We have 20 Systems and the Silicoids have 13 Systems and the Meklar have 4.

What I should do is colony up the new planets I can reach with faster ships. The Silicoids are still a threat so we will keep a fleet in their space. The Meklar are expanding and we need to gather up enough ships to counterattack that Devastator.

Dang, seeing that Devastator makes me miss them. I used to use that type of ships and make huge ships. That was the first style fo rhuge. May have to make some next chance I get to play Moo1.

Still playing Supernova for now. I also want to get back to a quick game of Space Rangers 2.

We did sign a Peace Treaty but never really let that stop us from keeping ships in the Silicoid System - nor stop the Troop Transports that were on their way.

Year 2382:
Spoiler :

The first thing we did was design a Colony Ship for the Inferno Planets.

Scouts explore Klystron and a new Colony is established on Morrig.

It will not be very long before we can colonize that.

Year 2383:
Spoiler :

The Silicoids have built a base to defend Quayal but this could not be tolerated as Troop Transports were on their way.

Industrial technology improves and Research moves on to improved armor.

Scouts explore the Xudax System but find nothing of note.

Year 2384:
Spoiler :

The standard Colony ship got a much need upgrade.

The first of the Inferno Colonies is established.

Year 2385: Regaining Control of Rigel.
Spoiler :

We sent 5 Giant Ants in to Rigel to remove the Meklar Devastator Class Ship. We were able to destroy it at a cost of one ship.

Year 2386:
Spoiler :

We engaged the Humans at the Solar System. Since it was a Scout - 11 Missile Bases is a bit more than it can handle and we found a different system for it to explore.

I might have oopsed it and sent it back to Orion.

Another colony is built on an Inferno planet.

The Invasion for Quayal did not succeed.

With the Silicoid Diplomat gone I had thought the cold war had turned hot and sent in 20 more troopers from Beta Ceti.

Year 2387:
Spoiler :

Scouts explore two new systems.

Another new Inferno Planet Colony is established.

Year 2388:
Spoiler :

We redesigned the Colony Ship for Dead Planets to save a few coins.

Another skirmish with the Silicoids - It was a single Giant Ant against a single single Mako and it was a short work. I did not take a scan to know why.

Another Colony is built on Volantis.

This puts us into contact with the Psilons.

Year 2389:
Spoiler :

Scouts explore Crypto.

The Fertile Planet of Klystron is colonized.

Rigel got invaded. The original number of transports was about 44 but some of them go past the 4 Giant Ant defenders.

The invasion of Quayal succeeds. For Ground Combat, the Silicoids and Klackon are on a par.

The troopers discovered a prize. I do not recall how much the Silicoids use Shields but more variety in the Arsenal always helps.

Expansion is moving along well. How far away is the election?

The Silicoids have finally realized that the cold war was really hot. Troops are coming to take even more systems.

Here is a snapshot of the Empires I am in contact with. I know little of the Psilons except they will have a lot of technology.

We have contact with neither the Darloks, or the Humans. The Darloks are right next to the Psilons. The Humans are in a corner next to the Meklar.

I played 6 more years and got up to the first Council meeting.

Year 2390:
Spoiler :

We engaged the Silicoids at Kulthos.

The Polaris was not dedicated for Ship to Ship Combat and was an easy kill.

Colonies were built on Nitzer and Romulas.

Colony Ship Production is outstripping Population Production, especially with two wars going on and we are hard pressed to get these Worlds populated.

Year 2391:
Spoiler :

A Spy Network has been established in the Psilon Empire. Here is a peek at their technological wonders.

Another Colony has been established on Gienah.

Quayal was counter-invaded by a couple of Silicoids Troops.

Colonizing Gienah has put us into contact with the Darloks.

Year 2392:
Spoiler :

There was another battle for Kulthos. This was an easy victory over a Mako.

Xengara is defended with 4 Missile Bases.

A new colony was established on Argus.

Year 2393: Kulthos is captured from the Silicoids.
Spoiler :

There was a breakthrough in Zortium Armor. Research went on to further improving Industrial Technology.

Scouts explore Rhilus.

Kulthos is invaded and captured.

Year 2394:
Spoiler :

The Klackon Battle Fleet establishes control over Inraha Space, destroying a couple of missile bases.

Scouts explore Dolz and Phyco.

Another colony is built on Firma.

Although outnumbered, the Silicoids somehow manage to hang on to Rha.

More are coming - of course!

Year 2395: The Council Meeting
Spoiler :

We engaged the Darloks at one of their colonies.

Two more colonies were built.

Finally, concerned about the wars in the Galaxy and trying to establish peace under one ruler, the Galactic Council was convened for its First Meeting.

Needless to say we could not agree upon a supreme leader so the wars grind on. I suppose I could have voted for Kelvan and let him win.

Here is a peek at our empires.

We have 35 Systems in various states of development. (12 we would call fully developed.)
The Silicoids have 12 Systems.
The Psilons have 10 Systems.
The Darloks have 7 Systems.
The Meklar have 6 Systems.
The Humans have either 3 or 4 Systems.

Our Technology.

Our Fleet.

It is time to start building some of those mega ships.

Year 2396:
Spoiler :

Colonization is slowing down but the war is not. We scrapped one of the Colony Ship Designs and made a Cruiser-Sized Ship dedicated to Missiles.

We engaged the Meklar and forced the Annihilator to run out of missiles and therefore retreat. We lost two ships in this battle. The size of the ship plus the Meklar Cybernetic advantage plus the Automated Damage Repair System makes this ship very difficult to destroy.

Klackon Engineers acheived a breakthrough in Sub-Light Drives and continued working on the Inertial Stabilizer.

Scouts explore the Vega System.

Silicoids miraculously defend the Zoctan System.

Year 2397:
Spoiler :

This was a big year for technological breakthroughs.

The Silicoids tried to invade Toranor. This planet has been dedicated to building troops so was easily defended.

The carnage continues. The Klackon start their invasion of Iranha and leave only 34 colonists.

Year 2398:
Spoiler :

Iranha is captured.

Year 2399:
Spoiler :

Another battle is fought at Kulthos. The Slicoids lose 1 Monitor to 1 Giant Ant - a very nice trade.

Klackon Engineers acheive another breakthrough in Space Scanner Technology.

A new Colony is built on Rhilus.

The High Council met again, but the results were just as inconclusive as the first. We did accumulate more votes.

We planted a spy in Darlok Territory. It is not very likely that we will steal anything from them.

Year 2400:
Spoiler :

We engaged and detroyed a Silicoid Mako at Zoctan.

Scouts explore the Crius System but find no planets.

The Klackon capture the Tyr System from the Meklar. They sue for peace but this time we respectfully refuse.

Year 2401:
Spoiler :

The Klackon capture Rha from the Silicoids....

...and Talas from the Meklar.

The Spoils of War are great!

Klackon Expansion continues.

Year 2402:
Spoiler :

Zoctan is captured. We oopsed with the number of troops sent.

Year 2403:
Spoiler :

This was a year for defense from Silicoid Counterattacks.

Year 2404:
Spoiler :

We were able to steal a little bit of technology from the Psilons.

Year 2404:
Spoiler :

Meklar attacks intensify.

The Meklar defend the Tao System with only a handful of survivors.

The Silicoids attack the Paranar System again.

The news came on with a rebellion from the recently captured Tyr System.

Year 2406:
Spoiler :

The Meklar Battleships continue to be a menace, but the colony under attack is not that important. The idea is to keep them distracted while we look for something capable of defeating them.

Year 2407:
Spoiler :

Here is the ship design we came up with for a Battleship to compete with the Meklar. We will start seeing some of these in 7 to 12 years.

Klackon Technology continues to improve.

Scouts explore another new system.

The Klackon capture the Tao System and some Meklar Technology.

More news in the Empire - A Plague has broken out in some distant corner.

Year 2408:
Spoiler :

The attempt to reclaim the Tyr System is unsuccesful.

We are now in contact with the Humans.

Year 2409:
Spoiler :

We have started to harass and distract the Meklar. Here we were able to reduce the number of Missile Bases from 12 to 5.

Omicron repels an Invasion attempt by the Meklar.

The Psilons threaten to retaliate against Klackon Expansion. It is too late for that, right genius?

The Silicoids sue for peace. This time we accept for what it is worth. They are probably beaten up well enough to be little further threat and we can focus our firepower upon the Mekar.

Year 2410:
Spoiler :

We redesigned the Queen B.

More Technological breakthroughs.

Scouts explore another system.

A couple of late invasions by the Silicoids are repelled.

I did not yet take pictures of empire status in 2411 or compile a list of planets. We are up to 42 Systems.

Turn out the lights. BTW why did you elect to research Replusor? I also do not put repair systems on ships. If I did it would only be on huge ones.

I would rather have more guns and large ships are easy to replace.

All the defending make me think of Warlords IV, where you some gold for each time you defend a castle. More, if it is the capitol.

Turn out the lights. BTW why did you elect to research Replusor? I also do not put repair systems on ships. If I did it would only be on huge ones.

I would rather have more guns and large ships are easy to replace.

All the defending make me think of Warlords IV, where you some gold for each time you defend a castle. More, if it is the capitol.

Why did I elect to research the Repulsor Beam? Because - Just like the Anti Missile Rockets - I am relatively new to the game and I did not know better. I suppose if I do not see much use in any of the options then I go research the most expensive option and therefore get more options.

The design "Queen B" you see with the repair system is a huge ship. I learned that from fighting the Meklar. They are very hard to kill. I think this ship with 1200 hit points and Class 4 shields will also be very hard to kill.

Putting the Anti-Missile Rockets is a bit of a waste I suppose unless I am fighting several of the Annihilators at once.

The Large Ships - The Giant Ant M's are missile ships. They are fairly easy to replace. The Giant Ant L's will be retired once I have enough of the Queens.

Warlords IV I never played. I did play III for some time.

There are some rare cases where one could use a replusor beam, but not many. If you had it early enough you can push away range 1 beam ships. The AI likes heavy versions of beams on large ships, so a 1 tile shove will do no good.

As to automatic repair, no fan of those either. By the time I am making huge, if I do, it is just mop up time and they are not likely to kill any. I would rather have more guns. It did not really help the Meks.

If they had more guns instead they would have fared better. At this point my battles are only going 1 round, so no repairs needed.

Allright the game finished in the Year 2449. I should be able to post it tomorrow night. It was pretty much grind out the Huge Ships until the game is over. I only had 60% of the vote in 2425. :(

I have about 120 pictures so I cannot post the show tonight.

It was fun! What would be another good race to play? Sakkra or Silicoids?

Do you have a small list of things I need to learn? Should I bump the difficulty?

Top Bottom