Moronic vassal

traius

His own worst enemy
I declared on Chruchill, AP tried to stop me, I defied.
Want to get my hammer bonus back, but next resolution is a diplo victory, so abstain. Declare on justinian. Vassalize him. Declare on Darius. I am beside the last city I want to take (main religious holy city on a huge map; worth 103 GPT base) when "stop the war against darius" resolution comes. Decide, f*** it, I'll vote yes, throw away a few extra trebs to take the city early (hadn't shot the defenses down, which were +100%!), and but get my hammer bonus back (I had sistine and sankore too, so quite a few temples/monasteries in my empire). Even though he had 1 more city that I wanted, I make Darius capitulate right before he's about to get a free peace treaty *snicker*.
So what happens? My vassal, Justinian, defies the god damned resolution. Grumble grumble....

After looking at the respective relationships, I would say that I should have seen it coming. The relationship screen shows they've been to war 6 (!) times, and Darius brought in 5 (!) war allies against Justinian during those wars.

Top Bottom