Most competitive AI opponent?

America? They are in my bottom tier, as they always fail hard.

Well, in my games they tend to do pretty well usually. They settle many cities, and that usually angers opponents. So, sometimes they are wiped out, but if they get to the modern era, they can be a serious threath. But I hate it when Wash goes to Autocracy or Order; 'Murica should be enforcing democracy with Freedom!

America expands early and builds good infrastructure because the UU doesn't come until later. If they're still around when Minutemen come online they can and probably will wipe a continent.

this is true for USA

Early on and midgame, a wimp.

In the information era. Oh god, largest army, largest economy, largest GPT etc

I used to see Wu wrecking the map all the time, but yeah, I guess I haven't seen that since BNW came out. So...

TOP FIVE AI LEADERS
1. Alexander
2. Ashurbanipal (On a good day, at least)
3. Catherine
4. Shaka
5. Hiawatha

BOTTOM FIVE
1. Boudicca
2. Attila
3. Genghis Khan
4. Pedro II
5. Nebudchanezzar

^^I kind of agree with most of this list, except for the ashurbanipal or atilla. It is hard to tell because civilizations sometimes rise and fall while others fall and rise like a stock exchange.

I think Attila falls and Ashurbanipal rises so much on my list because I don't play Pangea, so Attila ends up trying to attack across the water all the time, while Ashy's early easy conquests give him the right amount of room to spread out and the tech boost he gets from them remains as an advantage. Or something. Ashy is just smarter/more adaptable in his attacks, in my experience.

And I almost put Harald on here by habit, but the AI does okay with him, really.

Top Bottom