Mother Russia Loves You (Russia Guide) Under Construction

GKShaman

Prince
Civ ability - Mother Russia
Gain extra territory when they found their cities, and extra Faith and Production from tundra tiles. (First Part SUPER useful, second part ehh since you cant build farms on Tundra. Otherwise nice if theres luxuries).

Unit
Cossack (Beastly since 5 more combat then cav and has a home turf advantage).
Infrastructure
Lavra - Unique Holy District
List of Advantages from the Wiki:

It costs half as much to build.

It generates an additional +1 Great Prophet Point per turn (for a total of +2 Great Prophet Point per turn).

It also provides +1 Great Writer point, +1 Great Artist point, and +1 Great Musician point per turn. These three aren't improved by the Oracle.

It adds a tile to the city's cultural border whenever a Great Person is used in the city.

It does not count toward the city's district total.

BUILD THE LAVRA early and build a theatre district EARLY! It lets you compete for GM, GW, GAs on TURN 30. You're EASILY gonna have double the culture of your foes. Since its half cost - you're more likely to get it up in both cities and get a religion.

Leaders
Peter

Leader bonus - The Grand Embassy

Russia receives Science or Culture from trade routes to more advanced civs.

A little underwhelming, like 1-2 science and gold when those resources are easy to come by.

VICTORY TYPES: Russia is best poised for an early Religious Victory with the Cultural Victory as a fallback. Very important to concentrate on Production and Military since you will need to build at least 3-4 Theater districts to house all the GREAT WORKS. In addition you'll need several industrial zones to build all these buildings and military units.

Religious beliefs - helps to get the buy campus and theater district buildings with Faith. Testing that now.

Wonders - Which ones give GM, GW, GA slots? I need to put together a list that helps.

Initial strategy: I usually go Scout, Builder, Slinger, Slinger/Builder/Warrior (Depends on Barbs), Settler, Lavra
Second City Builds Lavra - Get religion FAST. Get Tithe and Religious Community (Ah CIV5 nostalgia).

Note: Gold Tithe (+1 gold for very 4 followers) is no longer OP. When the game had 30-35 pop cities everywhere that EASILY got 100+ gold. Now Even WHEN i WAS WINNING a religious victory Tithe got me measly 98 gold per turn. Maybe another belief...

Military Build plenty of Horseman to upgrade from Barb fights and skirmishes - save them since stable and armory dont promote as fast anymore. They will upgrade to Cossacks later on.

I usually stabilize with 2-3 cities and get some of the core districts, buildings, and units going with policies. Then BAM build 4-6 settlers and push out. For some reason on Emperor the AI doesn't grow as much.

This is still being written so please add any suggestions Russian Veterans! :)

до свидания (goodbye) [dasvidania]

Top Bottom