MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Fixed the issue! had to delete a folder called "Override" in assets.

Woah, that's just a failed MPMPM modpack. I would have expected that to be removed by a verification of the Civ 5 local cache or reinstalling the game, which is why I didn't consider the possibility. I don't know what happened there, but at least you fixed it!

I have a question about the MPMPM: I play Civ 5 with 2 friends. We play the Map "The World Extended [BNW] with 22 Civ's. I changed the civ5worlds.xml. But with Khundian's JFD-CIV modpack and other I have only 12 Civ's as in the vanilla settings . I have tried to lock the civ5world.xml, but it seems this issue is due to some other effect. Can anybody help me please? If I understand I can fix it in other modpacks. Thanks

I have a question about the MPMPM: I play Civ 5 with 2 friends. We play the Map "The World Extended [BNW] with 22 Civ's. I changed the civ5worlds.xml. But with Khundian's JFD-CIV modpack and other I have only 12 Civ's as in the vanilla settings . I have tried to lock the civ5world.xml, but it seems this issue is due to some other effect. Can anybody help me please? If I understand I can fix it in other modpacks. Thanks

Whatever line you're changing, change it again inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\CIV5Units.xml . That file stores the original game data when the modpack was made, and you should be able to find the same setting (I recommend using ctrl+f).

Hey cicero225. Thanks alot. I found it. Problem solved:thumbsup:
Btw: The Link to "Khundians JFD Civs pack" doesn't work anymore. The File has been deleted.

I've been having a problem recently with the modpacks. I tried searching this thread for help, but I don't think I did it thoroughly enough, so if this has already been solved, I am sorry.

I've noticed that occasionally when I create the mod pack, all sound in the game stops working, past the Firaxis logo. There is no title screen music, no button click sounds, no unit animations, nothing. However, this problem does not occur when I am creating the mod pack. If I open up a game of regular Civ, and start a modded game with the mods in the pack, all of the sound is still there. Clearly there's something in the creation of the mod pack that's causing the problem, but what?

I just had the EXACT same problem described in this post. My problem was also due to a specific mod.

May I ask which mod it was? It would help me figure out if MPMPM can compensate for it/is part of the problem.

FWIW, the mod that gave me issues was this modmod for Vox Populi: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689787148

Known Mod Conflicts:
Unresolved:
Ask Nicely and Someone May Give Figure Out a Hotfix:
Beyond the Future
xml files have the same name as files of the original game. CIV5BuildingClasses.xml you need to fix on CIV5BuildingClasses123.xml and so on. Also fix the reference in the modinfo file.

More Luxuries work with this? Because when i play with More Luxuries and MPMPM i can't build improvements on the luxuries added by mod.

Hmm maybe there is some incompatible mod. I guess i would have check all my mods then.

EDIT: Ok i figure it out. It appears that everything works well when i click More Luxuries as a first mod.

Anyone been able to include JFD's Cultural Diversity in a MPMPM generated modpack?

I have not had any luck so far even if I include CD as the lone mod. After making the DLC/modpack, I can select a civ, start a game and get the popup screen that correctly identifies the culture group and bonus but the bonus never gets awarded. The era popups seem to work fine if I continue to play.

Anyone been able to include JFD's Cultural Diversity in a MPMPM generated modpack?

I have not had any luck so far even if I include CD as the lone mod. After making the DLC/modpack, I can select a civ, start a game and get the popup screen that correctly identifies the culture group and bonus but the bonus never gets awarded. The era popups seem to work fine if I continue to play.

It'd require a detailed look at how it's organized. If it uses a custom context, it'd require a specific custom change to the modpack. That being said, these kinds of custom popups don't work in multiplayer under the modder specifically coded for it (and this is not trivial and requires hackery that I don't think anyone has done). The reason is that Civ has no easy mechanism for someone clicking a button in a custom popup to send the signal to all players. If the button makes a change in the gameplay and it only occurs on the local computer, this causes a guaranteed desync. For instance, this is why Events and Decisions in incompatible with MPMPM.

Hmm maybe there is some incompatible mod. I guess i would have check all my mods then.

EDIT: Ok i figure it out. It appears that everything works well when i click More Luxuries as a first mod.

This is a useful tidbit. I've added this to the OP.

xml files have the same name as files of the original game. CIV5BuildingClasses.xml you need to fix on CIV5BuildingClasses123.xml and so on. Also fix the reference in the modinfo file.

Huh. If that is the issue, then that should already be resolved by the newer versions of MPMPM (which scan for these specific files and add a string to the end). Maybe that's why I haven't had any reports of problems for a long time... Can anyone confirm if Beyond the Future works now?

I just had the EXACT same problem described in this post. My problem was also due to a specific mod.

FWIW, the mod that gave me issues was this modmod for Vox Populi: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689787148

Hmm, I have no idea why that would break music, though. I would have to take time to look at it, but I'm probably too busy to be honest...

Hello. I'm a longtime Civ player, familiar with mods and I've poured over this thread but I don't see a solution to my problem. (Watch since I made it a point to say I poured over the thread of course the answer will be somewhere in here).

I followed all of the instructions to make a DLC modpack and everything seems to work fine. Fire Tuner gets all the way to the end and I see the Done! message. But when I go to my DLC folder there is no MP_MODSPACK folder. In fact I can't find one in my PC anywhere despite Fire Tuner telling me that it is copying the files. I have run the program as administrator as well. There are no errors generated, everything seems to work exactly as it should. But it seems like the pack never actually gets created.

Anyone got an idea on why this is?

EDIT: I suppose if there was some way I could see where MPMP_Maker and Fire Tuner are trying to write to folder that could help. Or if I could change it that could help too I guess.

EDIT: I suppose if there was some way I could see where MPMP_Maker and Fire Tuner are trying to write to folder that could help. Or if I could change it that could help too I guess.

Are you looking in C:\(user)\My Documents\My Games\Civ V\MODS for the MP_MODSPACK, or in (Steam install folder)\SteamApps\common\Civ V\Assets\DLC?

Big difference in what's stored where, despite your average Steam game queueing from both directories.

ALSO: I've decided to finally recompile the Rebellion build of my Vice-and-Friends pack, on account of it's been a year since the last "stable" version and now everything is unstable again, but I've forgotten exactly what the protocol is for making a modspack with DLL - Various Mod Components and not having it Dinosaur on me at runtime. I *think* the key is that I've been hotdogging the solution to Problem 3 and leaving the DLL inside DVMC's folder even with the import line from its .modinfo removed. So if you're playing around with compiling DLL-dependent modspacks, don't do that.

A nightly could happen soon-ish, depends on how well my playerbase takes to it.

EDIT: Or I could still get Dinosaurs and further shenanigans with a planned civ whose display name includes a colon not even properly copying into MP_MODSPACK/MODS. The tweaking continues.

Are you looking in C:\(user)\My Documents\My Games\Civ V\MODS for the MP_MODSPACK, or in (Steam install folder)\SteamApps\common\Civ V\Assets\DLC?

Big difference in what's stored where, despite your average Steam game queueing from both directories...

Fair question but yes I'm looking in the install directory, not the My Documents folder. Here's a screenshot of Firetuner confirming the Modpack finished and the DLC folder not containing MP_MODSPACK

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, from what I can tell I seem to have done everything correctly. Firetuner says its copying files but it doesn't appear that anything is actually copied or dealt with in any fashion. I searched my entire PC for MP_MODSPACK and nothing shows. It says it's happening but nothing actually does. I've searched my computer for recently modified files and folders but nothing is there. My total available disk space doesn't change either. So it appears that although Firetuner tells me the operation is occurring it's actually not. I can't figure out why. I was wondering if there was anyway to force Firetuner and MPMPM to write to a specific directory as my only guess is maybe it's trying to write to a directory that currently doesn't exist.

Enable Tuner changing the value to 1, but when the game starts is changed back to 0, help please

Hmm, I have no idea why that would break music, though. I would have to take time to look at it, but I'm probably too busy to be honest...

For what it's worth, if I go through and delete every audio reference in the mod before making the pack it works completely fine. Granted, I then don't get any of the mod's audio, but that's a pretty small thing to go without in comparison.

Top Bottom