1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Utility Programs' started by cicero225, Sep 2, 2014.

1. FieryCharizard7

FieryCharizard7 Chieftain

Code:
     \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Kentucky by calcul8or
     \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_BuildingClassesNeededInCityOR to InGame.lua...
     \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding JFD_FirstRate_Functions to InGame.lua...
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
     \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Wonders to InGame.lua...
     \Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding FutureLua to InGame.lua...

I am getting the above error when trying to compile the modpack. There is a similar issue in the VP More Unique Components GitHub that is still unresolved. I have not seen any information so far in this thread - is there any way to be pointed in the right direction? My first thought is checking to make sure all of my mod folders have the correct names, but not sure what else to do after that.

Edit: I've added the following code to spit out more debug -> first is what I added and the second is now the result.
    Code:
    for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("InGameUIAddin") do
            if addin.ModID ~= MPMPMakerModID then
                local addinFile = Modding.GetEvaluatedFilePath(addin.ModID, addin.Version, addin.File)
                local addinPath = addinFile.EvaluatedPath
                local filename = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(addinPath)
                print2 ("Adding " .. filename .. " to InGame.lua...")
                print2 ("which is on path " .. addinPath)
                Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("InGame.lua", filename)      
            end
        end  

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("CityViewUIAddin") do
                local addinFile = Modding.GetEvaluatedFilePath(addin.ModID, addin.Version, addin.File)
                Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("CityView.lua", filename)  
            end
        end  

for addin in Modding.GetActivatedModEntryPoints("DiplomacyUIAddin") do
                Game.AddUIAddinToMPMP("LeaderHeadRoot.lua", filename)      
            end
        end
    Code:
    \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying JFD The United States of America (Lincoln)
     \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Copying Michigan Civ
     \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding CSAFunctions to InGame.lua...
     \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/CSAFunctions.lua
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker.lua:252: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
     \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: Adding Sharpshooterdefense to InGame.lua...
     \Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1)\MPMP_Maker: which is on path C:\Users\myusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Confederate States of America (v 1)\Lua/Sharpshooterdefense.lua

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  2. cicero225

cicero225 Warlord

I know I've been super-dead, and that's unfortunately likely to continue, but while I pass by here...

Unfortunately, Vox Populi is a complex enough mod that applying this mod to it won't work right out of the box. Other handcrafted fixes are necessary. I don't know the details, but I think the VP people themselves would--I think they even maintained a downloadable MP version. If you want other mods on top of that, that's another story...

Unfortunately I think your extra debug is in the wrong place. if addinfFile is nil, then your print statement will not display. Something is going wrong with:

So to capture what mod this is even happening with, we probably want to print addin.ModID, addin.Version and addin.File.

3. A Hungry Bagel

A Hungry Bagel Chieftain

EDIT: I've had a few crashes while using this modpack now. Just want to make others aware that is in fact a potential problem.
    ----
    When looking at the tutorials for making modpacks, people encourage others to share the modpacks they made. Well, here's one I put together. I've followed the instructions to make Ingame Editor compatible with the version of EUI that I'm using, the IGE button is on the top left hand side. I'm about 150 to 200 turns into my game with this, and there hasn't been any problems.

(Probably) only compatible with: Enhanced User Interface Version 1.28g

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
    Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (BNW Extended) (v 3)
    Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Extended) (v 5)
    Caravans Build Roads (v 1)
    Ethnic Diversity (v 12)
    Free Expansion - No Upkeep For Roads (v 1)
    Ingame Editor (v 39)
    Religion - Improved Customization (v 15)
    Terrain - Brazilwood Camp Extension (v 3)
    Terrain - Chateau Extension (v 3)
    Terrain - Kasbah Extension (v 3)
    Terrain - Moai Extension (v 3)
    Terrain - Motte-and-bailey Fort (v 5)
    Terrain - Polder Extension (v 3)
    Terrain - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)
    Terrain - Tipi (v 5)

I hope someone will find this useful or enjoyable. And thanks to the OP for the tutorial.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  4. Serp

Serp King

so, @cicero225 you dont like germans? :D
    local AudioMiscName = "Civ5_Dialog_Adolphus.xml"
    and also DE_DE is "Civ5_Dialog_Adolphus.xml", resulting in only audio while german translation being overwriten.

Also why do you "for textIndex=1,10 do" instead of "for textIndex=1,#langList do" ? Adding removing a language from that list should not cause a crash because of the hardcoded 10 in that loop.

5. Lewiszeus

Lewiszeus Chieftain

I've added my mod with two music files. Upon creating the modpack the whole mod is absent from the MP_MODSPACK mods folder. The civilisation itself works but music tracks do not play ingame. If I copy the mod from my Civilisation 5 mods folder into the MP_MODSPACK mods folder it breaks the sound in my game. No music, sound effects or ambience plays. I've seen other people's music tracks working and it appears the settings are done the same as mine. Does anyone have a solution to this please?

Edit: Fixed. The mods have to be an individual folder in the civ v MODS folder, as opposed to a collection of folders in the 'mods' folder created by the SDK

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    A Hungry Bagel likes this.
  6. ElmerGG

ElmerGG Chieftain

Necroing but I need some help. There's no QuickTurns button on the top right side. I'm also using EUI. Any tips?

7. Lewiszeus

Lewiszeus Chieftain

Did you sort out the 3 conflicting UI files (InGame, LeaderHeadRoot and CityView) between EUI and the Modpack? Also, did you copy the list of ContextPtr: from the modpack's Ingame file to the end of the EUI InGame file, and then replace the former with the latter inside the modpack UI folder?

8. Chum

Chum King

Long time no post.

I'm trying to make Acken's Minimalistic Mod work by itself in Multiplayer.

I have removed the DLL from the folder, created the mpmodspack, and then dropped the DLL back in. It "appears" to function, but work boats are 30hammers/130g, not 10 hammers/50g like they are if I load the mod single player, so I know *something* isn't working right.

The .dll needs to be in the MPmodspack and in the original location, and it is in both...is there another reason this might not work? Anyone tried this in the last few years and come across the same problem?

9. willbound

willbound Chieftain

10. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

Any idea what the name of the tool was? Can't find any thing on the website. Just need some way to order mods in modpacks to solve some issues.

11. Serp

Serp King

hm, no, too long ago and I never used such a tool, but you can ask whoward.

But better use notepad++ (and compare plugin) and winmerge (to compare many files at once) and such tools to find out which files are changed by more than one mod and then compare the files and merge them (or decide for one).

Lt_Karan likes this.
  12. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

I found the tool but it is not of much help. Do you think something like JDF RtP Sovereignty would work in multiplayer anyway?

13. Serp

Serp King

don't know the mod. you could ask the author.
    In general everyting that uses "ActivePlayer" (or ActiveTeam) outside of any UI related code, will desync.

14. Lt_Karan

Lt_Karan Chieftain

That helped a ton, thanks a lot Serp!