Multi-team demogame idea

I think 4 teams would be better, since it would make diplomacy a lot more interesting. 2 teams could be a bit bland, but if we don't get a lot of people, we might be forced to just have 2.

If I hear about CGN culture one more time, Provo...

The signature idea is a pretty good one. I've had it in mine for a couple days now. Did any of you recent sign-ups get here via the links in my sig?

Provolution said:
We will see the same "veterans" insist on revisiting their dogma from past demogames, and we will see a new flawed half-made consitution where the main drafter will exclude sound inputs and assure some short term fame and glory.

Interesting technique, but I doubt the fish are biting. :p

The idea is called "Multi-team demogame" because the teams may choose to organize themselves as democracies -- or not. It is located here because the DG forum was a convenient place to hang our hats.

Now, I actually would like to hear constructive comments, so try this and we'll see what happens. Forget demogames, this does not come close to being the same kind of setup. Think of this as a PBEM where teams of people are signing up instead of individuals. It doesn't matter how those teams are organized, but we do need to have enough people on each team to sustain a good play rate in the face of vacations, unforseen events, and losing interest. If we get extremely lucky and some member of each team is available to play at the same time, we might get several rounds of turns done in a play session.

Would your impression of the idea be improved if we had a forum under Multiplayer for "Team PBEM"? Or is the forum location immaterial? Any suggestions on getting across the idea that this is not just another demogame variation?

Then I suggest to take the intersite Demogame finals ruleset and set up a similar UN structure, not reinvent the gunpowder

I know that DGVI is coming to an end and discussions for DGVII is spewing about but are we still considering team PBEM?

Been a week since anybody said anything. I don't have any experience in Intersite DG other than signing up and watching us get killed.

I would suggest a small number of teams, preferrably just two teams but three might be pleasantly doable. It would also be nice to have some kind of short term victory goals so it doesn't get drawn out and bring everyone into the kingdom of Boredom.

I am not setting up a team just to be put to the firing squad by a group of vengeful teens, as meteorpunch is hinting out. I do not have time for that.

Provolution said:
I am not setting up a team just to be put to the firing squad by a group of vengeful teens, as meteorpunch is hinting out. I do not have time for that.
:rotfl: so true...

If this happens, and there are 4 teams, it seems like there needs to be some pregame diplomacy rules so that the most obvious strategy, teaming up on the little guy, doesn't happen. Perhaps each civ couldn't be in more than 1 alliance at once. :undecide:

DaveShack said:
Making DG7 a multi-team game is definitely one of the possibilities to spice it up a bit.
we could even start soon, because the culture win we are working on will take until early september.... as in get everything hammered out right away and then start almost immediatly once DG6 ends

I would consider doing this but I'd want to pick my team of players.

Personally I like the locked alliance idea akots put together for RegentMan, Tomoyo and I vs. Ru.civ.

I think it would be interesting to have 4v4 but 2v2 on each continent. It could make for some interesting tactics and swings in the game.

No locked alliances, that would do away with us diplomats :)

I really like the idea of having the regular demo game being the multi-team, we can actually get four teams this way. Admins can be one or two of the DG mods, and using the ISDG ruleset.

Here's what I could think of that we need to do to get this started:

*Get enough people for four teams (about seven to ten).
*Have the admin randomly organize everyone into four teams (I'm willing to be the admin).
*Get each team their private forum (talk to Thunderfall about this).
*Keep a public "UN" forum that everyone can access which contains the following:
Code:
     *Turn tracker thread.
     *Ruleset.
     *Protest threads.
     *Team information thread.
*Have each team poll the following:
Code:
     *Their team's name.
     *World settings.
     *Discuss/Approve a ruleset/keeping the acting admin.
     *Discuss/Ratify a constitution.
     *E-mail address.
*Start the game.

Any additions?

Well, if someone who doesn't want to play steps up, then that would be okay. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind not playing to try and get this thing started.

Top Bottom