Multiplayer CHEATERS!?

well just did a turn 38 5sword rush -> turn 58 4 longsword+10 sword rush [no gold to upgrade more than 4]

this was with france, no national college, ICS style

By the way, if you never research The Wheel, automated workers can't ruin your economy with roads :)

How much cities did you build? How much pop(#) you had in all cities at turn 20, 30, 40 and 50?

On small maps if you don't go NC first and don't build the GL it's technically impossible to reach Steel without RAs(it's multiplayer...no time for early RAs i guess) before turn 60. You need a minimum of 25 science/turn for 25 turns in a row. You need 22 pop(if i count some beakers from the palace) to do that starting at turn 30 or so. Maybe on a tiny map though since research go faster....

That's a lot of iron!

Automated workers? really? :lol:

How much cities did you build? How much pop(#) you had in all cities at turn 20, 30, 40 and 50?

On small maps if you don't go NC first and don't build the GL it's technically impossible to reach Steel without RAs(it's multiplayer...no time for early RAs i guess) before turn 60. You need a minimum of 25 science/turn for 25 turns in a row. You need 22 pop(if i count some beakers from the palace) to do that starting at turn 30 or so. Maybe on a tiny map though since research go faster....

That's a lot of iron!

Automated workers? really? :lol:

Built 5 cities very fast, then 1 more ~turn 40, then another ~turn 53. captured probly 2 by turn 45, 4 by turn 53... built another around 53 or 54. 5 cities @ about 17 pop sounds about right for a lot of it, but i think i started before turn 30 on that. the bonus food helps a bit, i expect.

Yeah, automate is for when you're certain of victory/needing to focus on war with full attention (because of simultaneous turns)

It was a lot of iron. Colonized 8, and got 6 from a cultural CS [quest to kill another CS]. Colonized 6 more later so my cities would have something to build ;)

Speed changes will cause desyncs. :) I should also mention it didn't seem to work all that well. My friend reported having his unit by my border one turn, but I didn't see it. Next turn it desynced and I'm not sure what happened.

Has this portion of the thread been confirmed? If I understand correctly Deussu seems to be saying you can edit some of the XML values and change them and still play the game online? I would be extremely interested in hearing about an experiment in this regard. If true they neglected even basic checksum...

Has this portion of the thread been confirmed? If I understand correctly Deussu seems to be saying you can edit some of the XML values and change them and still play the game online? I would be extremely interested in hearing about an experiment in this regard. If true they neglected even basic checksum...

I'm still waiting to see this in a random multiplayer game or hear something about from somebody else.

Built 5 cities very fast, then 1 more ~turn 40, then another ~turn 53. captured probly 2 by turn 45, 4 by turn 53... built another around 53 or 54. 5 cities @ about 17 pop sounds about right for a lot of it, but i think i started before turn 30 on that. the bonus food helps a bit, i expect.

Yeah, automate is for when you're certain of victory/needing to focus on war with full attention (because of simultaneous turns)

It was a lot of iron. Colonized 8, and got 6 from a cultural CS [quest to kill another CS]. Colonized 6 more later so my cities would have something to build ;)

And i guess you won the game! Great warmongering there.

At least that's what I experienced. I would hope to see others try this out too. Might test it out sometime with a fellow on these boards, hm?

I'd be more than happy to be wrong. :crazyeye:

"Wonderful. So my forum topic about how to STOP cheaters has basically turned into the cheater's handbook. How nice."

lol

computer guys can do anything, knowing the denominator

if it can happen, it will happen

Top Bottom