Multiplayer democrasy type game.

Robbert

Warlord
Hello,

I have been reading these forums for a few weeks now, and I am very impressed with the democrasy game that this site has. But this game is versus the computer.

Wouldn't it be more fun if it was multiplayer? Say 5 teams of people on one map. It would just be like a normal democrasy game, but now with human adversaries. This would certainly spice up the diplomacy and combat.

Example there are 5 teams/nations. Each has there own forum, rival nations could infiltrate these forums (espionage) to see what the other team is upto, in turn the nation who is being spyed upon can give false information (say unit locations). This would certainly be alot of roleplaying. Teams could make secret alliances to make a surprise attack on a larger nation, etc.

Only problem is how to set up a game with 5 teams. Is there a mod or an expansion that has a hotseat function that allows multiple players without the CPU?

If thats the case then the person who sets up the game could make the moves the teams each want, and sending back the results/screenshots.

This would be alot of work for the person who sets up the game and monitors it. But if there is only 1 turn a day, this can all be done. Just like the existing democrasy game.

So my main question is: Is there a mod or an expansion that allows multiplayer hotseat, I only have civ3 vanilla, but I heard that an expansion allows multiplayer over the internet. But does it also allow multiplayer on the same computer (hotseat)?

If you have more questions on how this would work please ask, I really want to set up a multiplayer democrasy game, I am even prepared to host a site for it.

Thanks in advance to everyone that replies.

Robert.

I myself only play civ 3 vanilla too, so I don't know how to do multiplayer.

I think this is a thread for the multiplayer forum though.

There are already two games ongoing that have teams from multiple sites playing in a multi-player setting. Go to the multi-site demogame subforum (in the demogame forum) if you're interested in joining. We don't have any multi-player demogames that are entirely at CFC, though that idea has been tossed around.

Bootstoots said:
There are already two games ongoing that have teams from multiple sites playing in a multi-player setting. Go to the multi-site demogame subforum (in the demogame forum) if you're interested in joining. We don't have any multi-player demogames that are entirely at CFC, though that idea has been tossed around.

One has become quite interesting with a couple of major wars already whilst the second that started with C3C is still largely in the expansion phase. Of course you could always join one of the other forum teams ;)

Dell19 said:
One has become quite interesting with a couple of major wars already whilst the second that started with C3C is still largely in the expansion phase. Of course you could always join one of the other forum teams ;)
Major wars... I'd call them mass slaughters...;)

they game can be played via email with 5 emails created specifically for this...
its gonna be quite slow but i believe its the best solution

Top Bottom