Multiplayer HR 1.24

rsab

Warlord
I write this post just to announce that some of us have created a little community in Discord to organise multiplayer HR games. The group in Discord is called "Civ: History Rewritten 2021". There we can create games and organise/schedule times for playing.

Feel free to ask to join.

P.S.: I'm actually the only non-native speaker of this little community, sorry for any confusion could ocasionate my english

Last edited:
Would be great to have some more History Rewritten Fanatics joining!

If anyone’s up for playing, drop rsab or myself a message on here, or find us on the discord server.

We’ve been playing over the weekends, Saturdays and/or Sundays, but we can be flexible and work around any new players.

Would be great to have some more human players joining - every new player makes a game so much more interesting, especially with History Rewritten, where every game is different.

Any questions, just reply here or drop us a message.

Stay safe Civ Fanatics! Happy Civ playing! And big respect to Xyth, as always!

I write this post just to announce that some of us have created a little community in Discord to organise multiplayer HR games. The group in Discord is called "Civ: History Rewritten 2021". There we can create games and organise/schedule times for playing.

P.S.: I'm actually the only non-native speaker of this little community, sorry for any confusion could ocasionate my english

Hey! I’ve been playing history rewritten with a couple of friends, and we’d love to check out your discord. Could you send me a link?

I’ve integrated the smartmap map generator into the mod, because we wanted more rivers. Although that cancels out the wetlands, Savannah’s, and natural wonders. You guys do anything like that? We do often have problems with joining for some reason, which seems to work only after switching WiFi a couple of times, but I can’t figure out the problem. Might be because we use the steam release version?

Hi!
Good to know there's more people willing to play HR multiplayer.

Here you have a link:
https://discord.gg/xpuPbutbdZ

There we can talk about setups and anything else.

About the joining issue... I don't know where the problem could be, but there is one guy in our group apparently having a similar problem.

We do often have problems with joining for some reason, which seems to work only after switching WiFi a couple of times, but I can’t figure out the problem. Might be because we use the steam release version?
To use Steam's servers with mods, I've only been able to get this method to work:
*NOTE: I have only used these steps on Windows Machines!

1) Go to Civ IV: BTS in your Steam Library, then to Properties, then to "Set Launch Options".
2) Paste this in the text box (change depending on your mod path):
Code:
Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 8800 "mod=\History Rewritten" Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
3) HOST: create the HR game as usual
4) OTHER PLAYERS: join the host's game via Steam invite while Civ IV: BTS is CLOSED (otherwise it occassionally launches without HR installed)

The main reason you need to go through Steam invite to join an online game using HR is that (usually) no games will show up in the "Internet Lobby" if you are using a mod (so modify the Launch Options to suit any other mods). The trouble with joining via Steam invite after you have already loaded HR is that Steam restarts Civ IV: BTS when joining via steam invite; and after it relaunches, the mod will be unloaded (it will still put you in the host's game however). To solve this you need steam to launch Civ IV: BTS with HR already loaded (which is what the custom Launch Options fixes).

The other thing to be aware of is that the Steam servers only support 4 players since GameSpy shut down, so you'll need to use a third party server for 4+ games

Although that cancels out the wetlands, Savannah’s, and natural wonders.
You can still use feature method standart for mod, also savannah always generated fine with SmartMap_922_mst even without that.

Succesfully tested 1.25, at least 3 of us firmly declare interest to play in the future, so come join us in Discord.

Top Bottom