• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Multiplayer problem

Stuck in Pi

When I try to go online to play a game of civ with some friends, it says "Failed to connect to Gamespy. Please verify your connection and try again in a few minute."

Well, my internet is working just fine. How do i fix this? Help. Please.

Did you sign up and make an account on Gamespy? Did you check to see if Windows Firewall is blocking Gamespy Arcade or Civ3?

I am trying to play Civ 3 Complete with some other friends online. However, one of these friends lives in the same house as me (so we're behind the same router) and the two others live in separate places. I have tried hosting a game and with only the 2 other friends joining, and that has worked, and my other friend here has done the same but without me in the game. However, when all four of us try to get a game going, we can all join the game and get to the... conference room or whatever you want to call it, but when we click ready and the host launches, we can't get to the game setup menu. I think the game can't distinguish our two computers here (I'm guessing it "thinks" we have the same IP address?), because I can go to campus and we can connect fine then. We've played other games like this however. So is this a problem with the game or...?

I don't know enough about networking to tell you what the problem is, but I imagine that it has to do with the way your computers communicate to the one router, and how the game connects computers through the internet. The computers have unique IP addresses, and if you can connect to eachother on different networks (like on campus) then at least there's nothing wrong with your software.

Top Bottom