Multiplayer

Funny thing is that it almost works, just sometimes well into the game it gets a series of turns with sync errors, and then after a while that stops. Its not a trailing slash or anything that civ detects when the game starts. Quite strange I have to say.

I unfortunately don't have enough information to make this a specific bug report, but is anyone else encountering OOSes in the recent BetterAIs in multiplayer play? I am playing Fuyu's merged BetterAI/BULL mod (mid-Feb release, going to upgrade to the one that came out this weekend for next play to see what happens), and over a 3 hour play session (2 players, the rest AIs) I wound up having to reconnect 5 or 6 times due to an OoS. Unfortunately, I couldn't detect any pattern to the OoSs, nor have I happened to have a save that reproduces them, so I am unfortunately not hugely useful here. If I manage to nail it down any further I'll post details.

My best friend and I are currently 493 turns into a Huge/Marathon synchronous multiplayer game testing MongooseMod 3.4 prior to release, which currently uses BBAI 0.84b as part of its heavily-modified DLL. There have been no desync issues of any kind so far.

The last time we played significantly my mod was using BBAI 0.78, so I can't speak to 0.82 or any other intermediate versions of BBAI.

is anyone else encountering OOSes in the recent BetterAIs in multiplayer play? I am playing Fuyu's merged BetterAI/BULL mod (mid-Feb release, going to upgrade to the one that came out this weekend for next play to see what happens), and over a 3 hour play session (2 players, the rest AIs) I wound up having to reconnect 5 or 6 times due to an OoS.
I have had OOS errors for a very long time with with Better AI. If you are so inclined, you can see if you also reproduce an OOS as I have reported:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8576186&postcount=6

More detailed instructions from later in the thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8820153&postcount=11

In over four months, no one has confirmed if they can reproduce the error with that save game I posted. You can be the first! I have not tried 0.84, but the same error happens in 0.81, 0.82 and 0.83.

The one major part of BBAI I do not use is JDog's Air Combat overhaul, since I wrote my own system for this a long time ago (and I prefer my version, heh). Realistically I doubt this area is responsible for the problems you're experiencing, but it's worth mentioning I suppose. I will definitely be curious to see if we ever run into an OOS later in our game.

I doubt that would be behind the desyncs I had been seeing, as it was well pre-Physics. However, I'll note that I upgraded everyone to the latest release of Fuyu's merge (r533, claims to be version .90f though has there been a released version after .84?) and played a 6 hour, 3 player (and 9 AI) game, and had no OoS errors. So who the heck knows.

I will try Cowardly Maggot's save when I get a chance, though, and see what happens.

No, no other mods, nothing in custom assets. DirectIP connection between two computers on my local LAN. I hit End Turn, End Turn, End Turn, and then the units on a city were selected (what I assume is what you meant by going to a city view, though it didn't actually zoom me into the city), at which point I selected the warrior in that stack and upgraded him to a Pikeman.
Nothing happened, so I ended turn, had the Incans upgrade a Quachwa to a Pikeman, ended turn, inserted a castle into the production stream in that Mayan city, ended turn, and at that point called it a night.

Top Bottom