• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Multiplayer

Here is how I have successfully saved and resumed a Conquests v1.00 multiplayer game. We played over LAN but the same design should work reguardless. We also play simultaneous turns.

If I am hosting the game, I have everyone finish their turn, with my icon flashing "press spacebar for next turn" I do the typical save. It is not neccessary for each player to save - only the host. Then the next day you simply host a game, instead of scenario or standard, you select load. The game window will be up and everyone can rejoin. The one complication is they should try to join the same order as they did the first night the game was played or they could end up playing as one of the other players and vice versa.

This being said, I have had errors that basically say the save is corrupt and won't work. We once had a non-host computer save the game and on reload it also did not work. My best advice is to save on 2 turns consecutively just in case one save is bad.

whoever is hosting saves it and then hosts it the next day, also make sure everyone has on auto saves just in case the host crashes or something.

Top Bottom