Music in mods

AboveFire

Chieftain
I am currently updating my mod and I was wondering if it was currently possible to add music to new Civilizations. I could not find another mod adding musics nor could I find references on the forum. Can someone help me with this? or redirect me to some informations on it?

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Yep, I tried a lot of things but couldn't get it to work. Thanks for the help.

@AboveFire What was the problem? Did You make a new sound in the game at all? Or couldn't make it to behave like music?
Because the sounds work 100%, I have just created a mod that adds new great works of music that actually play music.

Yeah, I just couldn't make it behave like music at all. I successfully created a sound, but it seems like the music is stored a little differently and I think wwise is pretty weird to use. I couldn't recreate something exactly like the Australia DLC. I got pretty close, but when I started a game with my civ, it always crashed and with nothing in the logs.

When I said I successfully created a sound, I was speaking about creating it in Wwise so that it looked pretty much like the sounds in the Australia DLC. I wasn't able to add it to the game. It crashed every time and I don't really understand why. I followed the instructions I found on the forum, but it still crashed. I am pretty new to the civ modding community so I may be missing something pretty basic. I created a sound and added it to an event, which I added to a soundbank. I generated it and modified the xml to remove the init.bnk. I created the .ini file and then added the 4 files to my mod. I then added then to a In-Game Actions>Update Audio. I can send you my files if you want. Thanks for the big help. Once I figure out why it crashes, I think I know how to add my music to the mod.

This was the good news. The bad news is that I have no idea what you did wrong. It must have been something in WWise for sure since your soundbank also broke my other mod. Then I've created a new bank from your .wav and it works. I have not changed anything in your mod, just replaced the Audio files with the new ones.

On non-music related topic. I'm not sure if you are aware, but there's a problem with leaders.xlp, i think. Basically the other leaders don't load, so when the mod started, I immediately won the game since Tuvalu was the only player.

Thanks a lot for helping me, I'll check my Wwise to find my problem. And also I wasn't aware of the other error, it never happened to me and I played a few games with my civ maybe it's a mod compatibility problem on your side?

Nope, I just run your mod. Check the ArtDef.log. I got this:
Added art file 'Tuvalu: bb375bed-59da-4308-92d6-310a1ff3f896' to the ArtDefProvider.
Unable to resolve Package 'UILeaders.blp' from Project 'Tuvalu'

Oh okay, I got the same error, I'll solve it, but it doesn't affect the gameplay on my side.

Music or sound problems? Because I was never able to get any civ music working and I don't think someone succeeded because I checked all mods on steam and non of them had any music. If you have problems with sound, there is a pretty good tutorial on this post : https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/wwise-editor-2015-1-9-needed-for-audio-modding.610973/

If you still have problems with it, while I may not be an expert, I'll try to check it out.
I got that, but I'm lost on how exactly implementing it works

Top Bottom