Music Suggestions for RFCE

lukeadamson9

Chieftain
I am an immense fan of RFCE, which is one of the best mods for civ4 I've played. I look forward to RFCE 2.0, and I've been closely following the development of the mod as a whole.

One thing that I seldom see discussed in mod development forums is the music, both diplo and era. Many folks probably don't care all that much, muting the game's music in favor of their own. I, however, love the background music in civ4, and one of the reasons I've been so drawn to this mod in particular is its actual concern for adding in unique diplo and era themes. I feel that doing so, especially in such an era-specific mod, is the cherry-on-top for making the game feel like a truly European experience.

I've got no real experience as a modder, so I'm not totally sure how the process of adding in music works. If it is a relatively simple ordeal, I think it's something that should be taken into account, especially in a mod as great and thorough as this. Hopefully, I'm not alone in this notion. If not, I'd like to welcome others here to discuss the current music in the mod, as well as suggestions for tracks to replace old/recurring diplo themes, new diplo themes for new leaders and upcoming civs, and new background music. I look forward to sharing my ideas with the moderators, and with like-minded fans of RFCE! :D

I am an immense fan of RFCE, which is one of the best mods for civ4 I've played. I look forward to RFCE 2.0, and I've been closely following the development of the mod as a whole.

One thing that I seldom see discussed in mod development forums is the music, both diplo and era. Many folks probably don't care all that much, muting the game's music in favor of their own. I, however, love the background music in civ4, and one of the reasons I've been so drawn to this mod in particular is its actual concern for adding in unique diplo and era themes. I feel that doing so, especially in such an era-specific mod, is the cherry-on-top for making the game feel like a truly European experience.

I've got no real experience as a modder, so I'm not totally sure how the process of adding in music works. If it is a relatively simple ordeal, I think it's something that should be taken into account, especially in a mod as great and thorough as this. Hopefully, I'm not alone in this notion. If not, I'd like to welcome others here to discuss the current music in the mod, as well as suggestions for tracks to replace old/recurring diplo themes, new diplo themes for new leaders and upcoming civs, and new background music. I look forward to sharing my ideas with the moderators, and with like-minded fans of RFCE! :D

Post your music suggestions, and we may include it in the main version if the RFCE community likes it

I have just one question to ask, and I've been meaning to ask it since this mod came out...can someone please tell me what the opening menu music is?

Just suggesting:

La Follia - Francesco Geminiani
Sonata in re minor Allegro - Francesco Geminiani (Allegro from 2nd Sonata in d minor)
O Jerusalem - Hildegard Von Bingen
Si la Noche - Anonymous (Published in the Cancionero de Uppsala in 1566)

We can also reopen this thread, I'm open to music suggestions.

Take the original Mediveal total war music files (the second one blow'd).
I'm not sure if those are copyrighted or not
Just suggesting:

Sonata in re minor Allegro - Francesco Geminiani (Allegro from 2nd Sonata in d minor)

Do you have some of these in mp3?
That's the format for the already added soundtrack files

Not that convinced to be honest.
Most of that music is rather different from the ones I added previously.
Does more players support adding some of those?
Personally I like this one the most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBOvkX-AuPs
But not even sure about that either.

If more players prefer adding some of these musics, just post about it.
I will gladly add more background music to the mod, but only if it's in line with the music already implemented, or we have many players who would love to get some of these suggestions in.

2 more things:
I'm thinking about adding Salve Regina from SoI and the main theme from RFCE++
They are similar to style to the ones we already have IMO. Opinions on this?

Many leaders do not have specific diplomusic, most civs share the same for all their leaders.
It would be cool to have something unique for everyone, so let's start the discussion about it.

Just suggesting:

Actually I'm getting to like these for the mod after I checked them a couple times :)
Si la Noche - Anonymous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZh7kGDtwII
O Jerusalem - Hildegard Von Bingen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb9zKNjdgiI
Especially the Si la Noche. Did you mean these versions?

For Si la Noche I meant this one: https://youtu.be/mm-lXRDv1As
I think it's the instrumental version of yours.

For the Salve Regina I prefer the Gregorian chant version or the simple tone version, but either is fine historically speaking.

Top Bottom