Musical Praise

Anyone else extremely impressed with the music in Civ IV?

The starting music is godly. I don't know, but I can listen to the menu music forever.

Themes for various nations are awesome. I love Greece's theme, for example.

I love the music that just plays while you're playing.

Ironic, as one of the only games that lets you play custom music in game, it's one of the only ones that doesn't need it.

!!! I feel the same way!!

One time, I listened to the song write after the opening one 4 times before selecting my game. the in-game music definitley isn't bad, but I wouldn't need it.

The original opening and menu songs were excellent, the BTS menu song is okay, and there's a few Classic and Medieval era songs that are catchy, but I still usually mute in-game music and listen to Tiesto.

There is something strangely soothing at being nuked to pieces by a more advanced country while sitting there listening to the pastoral symphony.

The starting music is godly. I don't know, but I can listen to the menu music forever.

Was that intentional? Because it's an adapted version of the Lord's Prayer...

And I usually just put on Pink Floyd, rather than be attacked secretly by evangelism.

I read it was the Lords Prayer sung in Swahili. I'm an atheist and I don't give a rats ass, it sounds awesome. You're not being "attacked secretly by evangelism"... Listening to music isn't going to somehow change your religion. It's fairly obvious, seeing as how it's sung in SWAHILI, that the designers aren't trying to preach.

Here we go again...

I love Civ music. I actually have copied songs out of the Civ4 system files into iTunes.

What tracks, specifically, does everyone like? I like CivIIIAncEurope and Brennus_Late, personally.

I'd have to say I prefer the music from many other games more than civ though...with Halo possibly being the best.

The changing tones of the music through different eras is a very nice touch.

The modern music isn't as good as the earlier stuff, though, with the possible exception of "The People are Heroes"
(iirc it's the only song in the game with English lyrics, but I still can't understand but half of it :lol:)

Babu Yetu > Everything.

I love that song. It's on my iPod and I chose original starting screen for BTS. The starting music, screen, and movie are all so much better in Vanilla than either of the expansions, at least in my opinion :p

UN=BAMF theme. I like to use that song to replace my diplomacy music so it can play from my cities:p Also warlords has a lot of nice songs.

(UN is the song that plays in the victory movies)

EDIT:The modern soundtrack is boring... but Neapolitan is right about "People are Heroes".
It sounds all apocoliptic to me.(launches a nuke:bump: )

The 'Viking' theme from Warlords (the scenario, not the diplo music), and the new theme in BtS for the Age of Ice scenario, are as good as Baba Yetu IMO.

I read it was the Lords Prayer sung in Swahili. I'm an atheist and I don't give a rats ass, it sounds awesome. You're not being "attacked secretly by evangelism"... Listening to music isn't going to somehow change your religion. It's fairly obvious, seeing as how it's sung in SWAHILI, that the designers aren't trying to preach.

Anybody who uses atheism to hate and run away from religious themes is an idiot anyway.
I myself am an atheist, and I enjoy studying the history of the Egyptian, Greek and Norse pantheons. Doesn't mean I worship Amun Ra, Zeus or Odin. Same here. Lord's Prayer or not, it's awesome. Maybe it's awesome because it's a religious song. For all of Christianity's cruel mistakes, it has contributed some cultural wonders which anybody can appreciate. Hell I even like some stories in the Bible, when taken into the context of the times they were written in.

Top Bottom