Mutant Mechanos?

Dragon Azori

Chieftain
I was playing the other day and for some reason every once and a while a unit I build would start out mutated. Example: I got a settler with strong, convicted, and heroic strength. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?:confused:

I'd wager to guess it's a side effect of refined mana based on the limited lore given for it. Same thing happened to one of my units (that I noticed) too.

I was playing the other day and for some reason every once and a while a unit I build would start out mutated. Example: I got a settler with strong, convicted, and heroic strength. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?:confused:

In original FFH, is not random mutant units a side effect of having Chaos mana? Not sure if it is the same in RIFE.

In original FFH, is not random mutant units a side effect of having Chaos mana? Not sure if it is the same in RIFE.

Yeah, but the Mechanos do not start with the normal mana types like everyone else. They start with gunpowder, bronze, and refined mana.

I'd wager to guess it's a side effect of refined mana based on the limited lore given for it. Same thing happened to one of my units (that I noticed) too.

Yeah, but the Mechanos do not start with the normal mana types like everyone else. They start with gunpowder, bronze, and refined mana.

It's refined mana. Last version, the base chance for mutation was upped... Reversing that, and upping the Chaos mana chance. Refined mana is a low chance, right now it's mutating a dispropotionate amount of units.

Could you point me to the lore you found?

It's refined mana. Last version, the base chance for mutation was upped... Reversing that, and upping the Chaos mana chance. Refined mana is a low chance, right now it's mutating a dispropotionate amount of units.

Does having more mana increase your odds of mutation? In my game I have just hit 9 units of Refined mana. And thank you for your explanation.

I don't believe that it does, no. I may be wrong on that though.

As for lore on it... One simple thing would be to check the resource's pedia entry. :lol:

Being radioactive, this resource grants a very small chance for a newly built unit to mutate.

Again, not as small as it should be currently.

I don't believe that it does, no. I may be wrong on that though.

As for lore on it... One simple thing would be to check the resource's pedia entry. :lol:

Again, not as small as it should be currently.

As someone coming from Fall Further I have not yet read every pedia entry yet or rechecked a lot of them for changes. The pedia is sadly lacking on a few points, like info on how the Legion plays. (Note: I looked them up here on the forums.)

I thought ressource effects were cumulative (as mouse over often suggests)

That would be +5% R&D for each Refined Mana. Example: I have 9 so it's 45% plus for me.

Top Bottom