My Epic Gifted Cultural Victory

TripleB

Chieftain
I thought this was worthy of a share.. This happened a few weeks ago, so I'm a little foggy on the details, but to date it's been the most dramatic win for me on Civ4 (BTS)

I was playing on Monarch difficulty, normal game speed, as Arabia against a total of 5 enemies. I was bordered by Germany, who had no room to expand except by going through me, and for some strange reason, they mounted a huge army that could have squashed me, but they never declared war, thankfully. I was lucky to avoid war the entire game.

Late in the game, around 1900 or so, I decided to give up almost entirely on research and go for the cultural victory. My defense was rather weak, and I was lucky (especially on a higher difficulty) that nobody exploited my weakness, and I was left alone. Everyone else was at war. I was defending with Rifleman while Germany was next to me with Marines, etc.. They had a massive army and to my delight, everybody kept declaring war on them. My empire was small, and I was down really low on the score chart.

With about 85 turns left, and everything maxed out culturally, (ie, max points spent on culture & no more buildings available to build), I was on pace to reach legendary with my 3rd city in about 93 turns.. so I was going to fall short. Nobody else was threatening culture or space victory so it was do or die.

With about 40 or 50 turns left to go, and no conceivable way for me to win the game, a MIRACLE WAS PERFORMED and Germany spread creative constructions into my CAPITAL!!! giving me around a 15-20 culture bonus (in addition to the multipliers) per turn!!! All I needed to do was quickly spread the corp to my other 2 cities & hope nobody came after me and walk to the victory, which I did!! I won in 2040 with a whopping total score of 1801.. the lowest victory score I've had aside from that is around 3300.

It was fun & memorable for me to be gifted the win by Germany spreading their corporation to me! Thanks for reading :)

BBB

ps.. i just came to realize after the fact that you guys like to see screenshots along with the stories.. this took place a little while ago, and i don't have screens, as it was a spontaneous decision to share my story today.. but in the future if i share any i'll include screens :)

Top Bottom