My first Deity victory in CIV VI

Inhalaattori

Emperor
It was actually very easy. :smug: For some reason it seemed like the A.I. actually wanted me to win. That was kind of weird. The map size was Duel, only religious victory allowed and I was playing against Kongo.

Hah...I did that too. Only it was actually a close thing because I was one turn too slow in spreading my religion to him so he declared war and almost took my capital before I could get walls up. I had to sneak missionaries around his army to convert his cities. It was actually a lot tenser than I thought it would be.

LOL, glad I wasn't the only one to do that.

Of course it wasn't that easy. Kongo did attack me and almost took my capital because was busy using my archers to fend off a barbarian horseman camp. So it wasn't a walk in the park. But once I made peace, and took care of all the barbarian problems it was easy.

You can enable all victory conditions, you will easily get the religious victory before they can get any other victory.

It was actually very easy. :smug: For some reason it seemed like the A.I. actually wanted me to win. That was kind of weird.

There is no AI in this game. You played against yourself, and you won. That is it.

This is for people that want the achievement for deity ( and below) wins but don't actually LIKE playing the game on that difficulty. Choose your favorite setup for achievements but I did this

Duel Map
Scyria ( total butchering of spelling...the one with horse archers)
inland sea
quick game

Opponent: Kongo

Like I said, you can do this with anyone but I got this idea after the AI beat me in my last Deity game when I was going for the horse archer rush achievement ( got the achievement, lost the game though)

Basically just rush getting religion. Building oracle makes this easy, but more standard methods are fine as well. Try to keep good relations with Kongo as much as possible ( he seems relatively tame, he didn't bother me the whole game). Once you get your faith machine rolling and found a religion...simply start spreading. He will not have made a religion due to his ability and you are free to spam your missionaries for a quick pathetic ( Dan Quayle likely) win.

Is it cheap? Yes. Good for someone that just wants the achievement and then never play on those huge cheating difficulties again?

Absolutely.

Yzman, that is similar to my idea.

Mine also includes disabling all victory conditions except Religious, as well as disabling barbarians, along with what Yzman suggested.

There. Very much guaranteed Deity victory.

Top Bottom