My first permanent alliance with an AI

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by franlato, Nov 4, 2005.

1. franlato

franlato Warlord

I'm on a huge map (epic speed), 18 civilization and I have the germans (bismark). I managed to get 17 xp for the first time. It give me the enormous "west point" national wonder. :D

Also, I got an alliance with a well located and tech able AI. I can see what is doing and I must say i'm very impressed at how he doesn't rip my game off... :lol: I'm twice as fast now at science, I was already leading, now i'm off for victory..

I just need to defend him.. but with 3 promotions / units and factory in each city... it will be a piece of cake! (i think):eek:

anyone as something to share concerning AI permanent alliance?

2. UnitQ

UnitQ #1 Unit

First of all good job, second how did you get to play 18 civs on one map( did you do custome game), and third how did you get the prermanent allience choice to appeir in your game

3. franlato

franlato Warlord

yes, I did custom game. I love the 18 civs game because at one point the world is really active (you somehow loose the control over all your relation, making mistakes at time).

And, in custom game, you can choose to activate the permanent alliance option. But then it's a little like multiplayer... you depend a lot more on the AI to do well and win. I guess that you like it or you don't. But I feel it's a little like the URSS type of bloc (the famous glacis). And it comes with communism :p

I have to concratulate firaxis for the great AI who make this choice "viable"
    In civ III I never would have done that... :mischief: