[BTS] my plea for the use of the BAT mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Tobiyogi, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

What kind of problems could that be? I find interesting that my graphic/audio options etc. are somewhere permanently stored though because they never change.
    Well, it was not the first deletion ;-) but I hope the problems encountered so far are due to my folder management. Normally, I can play whole games without pc crashes.
    So now, I have installed the complete Civ into program files and after the first start, it made a copy on its own into the documents. Of course, my next step was Bat Mod, it's in main path now. Looks good and runs without problems. Before the re-installation of Bat mod, the installer even helped me by completely uninstalling the former version.
    If I should bump into an interesting forum game, I will complete that process with the additional mods and graphics, for now I am fine and I think I really got the storage structure of the game. Really nice learning process. :thumbsup:

2. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Something enlightening for the discussion what mod to use and if several save games are compatible with one each other. If you find an interesting save game in the forum and your computer wants you to load a particular mod that you normally do not play, then you enter the WB, save the game as a world builder file and load it again as a custom scenario. Now you can play it with a mod you like and still follow the thread (but others probably won't be able to load your save games). The custom scenario has other benefits too because you can adapt game speed and other parameters. Just in case that some of you didn't know....

3. Marvinlegend

Marvinlegend Chieftain

I use Buffy, can't even say why, just been using it forever.

4. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Has anybody ever played the Better AI Bat Mod respectively the Better AI Mod? (I guess it doesn't make a difference if with Bat or without). It reminds me highly of the K-Mod and it changes a lot of the usual patterns. I don't know if I like it. In my last game with that mod, I was DoWed without any warning, the stack was little but they were wandering through my territory because the border cities were too well protected. All the AI's seem to have endless archers and if you steal a worker they will chase you with 2 archers that soon enough enter your territory. Barbs only attack when they have good odds, they appear in groups. All in all, enemy units really become a plague and I don't feel that I can play this on the same level I use to play.

5. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Prince

Isn't there an option to install it system wide?

That way your and others saves would be compatible...

Alternatively you can install BUG/BULL as mod, launch game with mod="BUGMod_4.4". To import someones save - open it in normal game, open World builder, save as scenario, install scenario (???), and load it in BUG/BULL game.

I searched for save file editor to convert difficulty levels and couldn't fine one... It might reset version/fingerprint to be compatible with BUG/BULL.

6. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Prince

I played K-Mod but stopped as its development has been stalled and it changes rules significantly so I can't get any advice on strategy.

I've read about all those "Better BUG AI" and they all are unsupported with unknown possible problems. I even fear to download DLL from forum for security reason.

7. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Prince

Tobiyogi likes this.