My Problem With Sieging

Mailman_Posty

Chieftain
i always seem on monarch my forces for to fast for siege units. I almost always use 2-3 move units and never can have the siege forces keep up. Then ill get to a heavely defended city where i cant break it without siege and my siege will be bout 10 turns behind my 2-3 move units. Whats should i do to fix this promblem. By 2 -3 move units i mean horsemen, cavarly, knights, and tanks.

I normally have a speed group and a power group. Speed kills workers and takes some easy citys that arnt very defended. My power group ,which are the one trun movers defence and offence and bombarments, they go on a path to the capital. Very effective if your try to get in and out of a war fast

use the fast group to take out units in the open
have a team of workers roading soyou can keep the seige group on the front line

i often declare war and move a large stack of bombardment/defence into their territory, they throw everything at it, are repelled and then easily smashed as they now have no counter attacking ability

Keep your bombard units on the roads, and plan your moves so that if you're going to take a city with fast units you move any slow units nearby after the roads become yours. That helps me. Generally the artillery are two-three turns behind my cavalry (unless I'm keeping everyone together because I'm invading an enemy that can fight back and I want the defenders with the attackers) and it's not too much of a wait for those hard cities.

Plan ahead better. The point of a blitzkrieg is to take the land quickly, and if your fast movers can't do that, don't blitzkrieg. Just plan ahead, take cities so you can take roads and use them to move instead of just marching straight for the capital.

I play two basic war strategies (depending on the size of the enemy civ and their readiness for defensive war):

1. If the enemy is very well fortified and technologically on par with you or for lots of large cities: build almost exclusively Cannon / Artillery & riflemen / infantry for the main battle force. This group will capture the enemy cities but is painfully slow. With a few knight / cavalry for scouts and to deprive the enemy of resources / luxuries.

2. If the enemy is lightly fortified and / or technologically behind you : Build lots of fast units (Cavalry / Knights) and a small amount of "city busters"(option 1)

always keep the workers behind you laying roads / railroads for fast reinforcing and to bring garrison units to the new territory.

Thx for the advice guys, its very helpful to my tatics.

Top Bottom