My resource doesn't spawn

MortVader

Chieftain
Hi all.
I would like to make a copy of the Tobacco resource as 'Funny tobacco'.
So in my mod, I've included the following database changes:
Code:
insert into types (type,kind) values ('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','KIND_RESOURCE');
insert into resources (resourcetype,name,ResourceClassType,Happiness,Frequency,PeakEra,RevealedEra,LakeEligible)values('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','LOC_RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO_NAME','RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY',5,2,'NO_ERA',1,1);
insert into Resource_ValidFeatures (ResourceType,featuretype) values ('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','FEATURE_FOREST');
insert into Resource_ValidFeatures (ResourceType,featuretype) values ('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','FEATURE_JUNGLE');
insert into Resource_ValidTerrains (ResourceType,TerrainType) values ('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','TERRAIN_GRASS');
insert into Resource_ValidTerrains (ResourceType,TerrainType) values ('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','TERRAIN_PLAINS');
Insert into resource_yieldchanges (resourcetype,yieldtype,yieldchange)values('RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO','YIELD_FAITH',1);

and this text change:

Code:
insert into localizedText (language,tag,text) values ('en_US','LOC_RESOURCE_FUNTOBACCO_NAME','Cannabis "Funny Tobacco"');

There are no SQL errors in the Database.log, and no errors either in the Modding.log
When I search for the resource inside Civ6, the "autocomplete" search name successfully suggests my Funny tobacco, but never finds any.
I have a small suspition that it might be because I have not made any reference to a graphic representation / icon? I can not for the life of me find out how I would reference this?
Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I have a small suspition that it might be because I have not made any reference to a graphic representation / icon? I can not for the life of me find out how I would reference this?
If it's a resource that is going to appear on the map and something that can be improved you'll need to duplicate the art entries for Tobacco. I would suggest looking for a mod that adds resources like Resourceful to use as a template.

If it's a resource that is going to appear on the map and something that can be improved you'll need to duplicate the art entries for Tobacco. I would suggest looking for a mod that adds resources like Resourceful to use as a template.
Yes, that is what I am trying to do.
Thanks, I'd like to try that.
I have been wanting to look into how everyone else is making mods, but I don't know where to find those that I subscribe to.
My own mod is located under Documents\My games\Civilization 6\mods
But I simply can't find other mods :D
I tried looking under %appdata% and the game's installation path, but I'm at a loss.
Do you know? :)

Top Bottom