Naming the provinces

What should the first province be named?

• Aonia

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Chryshe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isidis

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Hesperia

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Solis

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Xanthe

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different Mars name

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A Non-Mars name

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
A few weeks ago (infact when we had just started disscussing the second game) I suggested we name the provinces after regions on Mars. A few people said they liked it, but not many people said anything at all. So I am now using my leverage as Domestic Advisor to take an executive desicion. The provinces will be named after regions on Mars! Unless of course everyone hates the Idea, then it's poen to debate, but that kind of belittles my executive decision though doesn't it?

Anyway, our home province which includes the land currently under our possesion, and will be added to in the near future no doubt, shall be called one of the following:

Aonia
Chryshe
Isidis
Hesperia
Solis
Xanthe

There are plenty of others, but I think these are the best sounding ones.

I kind of like the idea! :)
The names don't sound too stupid and they're not very long either, very convenient! Just name in alphabetical order like said by Daaraa. Why bother to make things more complicated I'd say.

I voted for the one that started with A.
We already have a C name. We just will need a B and perhaps a D before 1 AD. That'll be a ways off.

Mordheim's executive suggestion and Daaraa's fine suggestion have my vote :D.

Fair enough, Aoinia it is!

Originally posted by Octavian X
Aonia. If only I could pronounce it...

Err, I think it's Ay-oh-nee-ah. I think. :)

My vote is for Helium, in honor of the Warlord of Mars.
Noting that it has no hope in this poll, I humbly request
that it be added as an option for the next one.

Aonia. On the interent, you can make up your own pronunciations.....

Be careful with these province names. I got to name a province in the Civ3 demogame, and it turns out the name I chose was the same name as a race of barbarian horsemen who live in Asian Steppe. They were notorious for supposedly using the skin of their dead enemies as clothing, and drinking the blood of their first kill in battle...

Originally posted by Octavian X
Be careful with these province names. I got to name a province in the Civ3 demogame, and it turns out the name I chose was the same name as a race of barbarian horsemen who live in Asian Steppe. They were notorious for supposedly using the skin of their dead enemies as clothing, and drinking the blood of their first kill in battle...

COOL!! Now Barbarian Tribes there's an idea......

:rolleyes:
So you didn't want a province named after Shakespeare's fairy and instead chose the name of a nymph who was raped by Zeus and then turned into a bear? She was rescued by an ashamed Zeus at the point when their son, a great hunter, was about to kill his mother and turned into the constellation Ursa Major.
Disney has nothing to do with this - it's a cool name for a province and I am tempted to push for it this time too, regardless of what the others are called. Maybe I'll just have my city named Ariel. :)
On topic (just), on the interent you can make up your own spellings! ;) (Sorry Becka, I couldn't resist this childish joke). But no-one should worry about pronunciation! Or shall we have monosyllabic province names in future? :)

Top Bottom